Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) - Alexander Skarsgard, Millie Bobby Brown, Shun Oguri, Zhang Ziyi

AlbertV

Adam Wingard (You're Next, the upcoming Death Note remake) has signed on to direct the battle of the heavyweights..."Big-G" Godzilla and King Kong. The film is set in the universe of 2014's Godzilla, the recently released Kong: Skull Island, and 2019's Godzilla: King of the Monsters. May 22, 2020 is the date that Godzilla and Kong will duke it out!

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/adam-wingard-godzilla-vs-kong-for-legendary-1202448367/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

whitesnake

Plot on IMDB for Godzilla vs. Kong - "The Gigantic Kong meets the unstoppable Godzilla.  The world watches to see which one becomes the king of all monsters."  Julian Dennison (Deadpool 2) has just been added to the cast, which includes Millie Bobby Brown, Zhang Ziyi, and Van Marten; all three are also in the cast of the upcoming  Godzilla: King of the Monsters.  From https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-star-julian-dennison-joins-godzilla-kong-1116661   

• Like 3

Shun Oguri, star of the live action Gintama and Gintama 2 movies, "will make his Hollywood acting debut as a cast member in... Godzilla vs. Kong film.  Oguri's role has not yet been revealed, but Mantan Web describes it as an 'important role',"  Oguri says, "The Godzilla our country created, beloved by audiences worldwide - I'm simply excited I can be part of this world myself.  I think I will wholeheartedly enjoy being steeped in this world as an actor."  The movie will start filming in November in Australia and Hawaii.  Story at https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-11/shun-oguri-makes-hollywood-debut-in-godzilla-vs-kong/.139353

• Like 3

Actress Jessica Henwick(Iron Fist, Game of Thrones, SW:The Force Awakens) is the latest performer, to join the cast of the up-coming monster movie.

jessica-henwick-2016.jpg?resize=1024,683

• Like 2

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-06-13/godzilla-vs-kong-film-delayed-again-to-may-2021/.160590 

Due to Covid-19, the theatrical release for Godzilla vs. Kong has been delayed to May 21, 2021.  Toho will distribute the movie in Japan, while the Warner Bros. release will cover the rest of the world, and will include IMAX.   

• Like 3

On 11/25/2018 at 11:10 AM, DragonClaws said:

Actress Jessica Henwick(Iron Fist, Game of Thrones, SW:The Force Awakens) is the latest performer, to join the cast of the up-coming monster movie.

jessica-henwick-2016.jpg?resize=1024,683

Jessica Henwick was the main reason I watched all seasons of Iron Fist on Netflix. 

New Iron Fist character poster featuring Jessica Henwick as ...

• Like 2

Looks pretty cool. But it defiantly seems like a movie you need to see in theaters to get the full level of awesomeness. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I really enjoyed this. It unapologetically laughs in the face of logic and uses humans as doohickeys in order to get to the action.

And that action is sublime. The set pieces in this film are perfectly crafted, huge in scale and each monster delivers signature moves, strengths etc.

My only regret is that I didn’t see this on a bigger screen. Fantastic movie.

I do feel like armchair critics may not like this one. If you pick apart every film for their logic flaws, this film will drive you up the wall.

• Like 4

I was hyped for this from my initial viewing of the trailer. I enjoyed the fight between Godzilla and Kong. My only gripe is that it could have been longer. I was rooting for Kong to kick Godzilla's ass but he's no match for him. But I'm undecided if this movie was good or ok. I'm leaning towards the latter. The three standalone films were better than Godzilla vs Kong, and I liked the trailer more than the actual film.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Watch it on the big screen! Do not, I repeat Do not watch this on no damn HBO MAX STREAMING!!! Oh you scared of covid or you lazy? Well, not my problem. 

I saw the Gareth Edwards one and the king of the monsters on the big screen and it was boring. Godzilla vs Kong blows this one away. Watch it in Imax, do not stream this!!! 

• Like 3

As mentioned by most the special effects are incredible! Some of the best I've seen in a long time. Then again being stuck at home for almost a year now may have had a negative impact on my memory and general mental well being.

On a more serious note though everyhting else is mediocre at best. Most of the humans behave incredibly stupid. Also not to spoil anything but the solution to the "ultimate rescue" is ridiculous.

Last but not least if you do have the luxury of open cinemas I wholeheartedly agree to watch this on the big screen.

• Like 4

On 4/2/2021 at 10:04 AM, bigrogie said:

I loved the action and special effects but found the storyline very weak and dragging. B+

I agree with this.

• Like 3

When are they going to introduce the "aliens" in this Godzilla movies series? Alien forces always played a big role in Godzilla movies.

• Like 3

Super Ninja

Way better than expected. The Hong Kong fight is amazing, imaginitive, never dull and with neon all around, just how it needs to be, classic kaiju only modern and with great effects. The fight at the sea on the other hand, surely must have been inspired by Evangelion series. For me Kong steals the show, I skipped Skull Island but I'm defo watching it now. I'd always pick the original, it's one of my fave kaiju films, but this was perhaps even enjoyable enough for a rewatch, especially on the big screen.

Edited by Super Ninja
  • Like 3

I saw this today in Dolby Cinema and thought it was good. The events involving Apex left more questions than answers. 

• Like 2

Wasnt particularly interested in this one. My brother was in town from cali and wanted to see it so I went. Found it to be as lackluster as I imagined it would be. Just a big hollywood popcorn movie. 
Havent had a good time in recent years from giant monster flicks after the Meg and Underwater, could even include Hellboy probably others I could toss here too. 

There was a time when I was really big into watching all the cinemassacre giant monster movie reviews which got me into and all excited about them. But I find for me I have to be quite crazy into a giant monster movie kick to really care about watching any random one, especially a big blockbuster made in this age. Probably a good thing Ive never seen any transformer movies (kinda do want to check out real steel or pacific rim). Honestly have more interest in watched horrible Asylum monster movies rn lol.

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

The family and I saw this on the big screen last night.

Everything Godzilla: King of the Monsters failed at, this one succeeded in. The human element only serves to bring the giant beasts together as it should. The battles are numerous and fleshed out, and absolutely terrific in scope. Time isn't wasted on puny humanity running underfoot because the audience isn't there for that and doesn't care. The monster clashes are why these films are made, and this one is absolutely epic. There are moments where Kong is almost busting out some Monkey kung fu, and Godzilla fights like the coldblooded reptile he is.

I second @OpiumKungFuCracker!!! See this on the big screen! Definitely worth the price of admission.

• Like 6