Awesome top 100 martial arts fight scenes list I saved from defunct website

SmokingFistOfDoom

SmokingFistOfDoom

So several years ago I found a website that I thought had a really nice list of the 100 greatest martial arts fight scenes of all time (in the author's opinion obviously), and gave a fairly good description of each scene, especially the top 10 (he actually did a separate page for each of the top 10, for dramatic effect I suppose).  Luckily I ended up copying the list into a word document and saving it to my computer, as the site appears to have expired a few years ago.  I even happened to copy the web address -which I never would have remembered - into the document, and the almighty power of Archive.org allows you to check out expired websites.  So I won't have to copy the list into this post (the text frames and images would have been a mess).  

Actually, it would have been much harder to find the document (it was saved on an old discarded laptop), except I also happened to send it to a friend on Facebook a few years ago, and the document remained in the PM box.  So through some good luck, here we are.  Enjoy.

P.S. No idea who the author is (John Richards was the name included in the web address?), but a big thanks, wherever you are.

P.P.S. I guess I can just include the original document as an attached PDF at the bottom, so it's your choice really!  

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 100-91

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 90-81

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 80-71

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 70-61

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 60-51

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 50-41

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 40-31

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 30-21

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 20-11

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 10

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 9

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 8

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 7

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 6

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 5

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 4

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 3

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 2

Top Martial Arts Fight Scenes 1

best martial arts fights.pdf

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SmokingFistOfDoom

UPDATE: So I tried to access the main website, which turned out to be pretty easy, by clicking on the ''Wasted Life'' banner. (A while back I tried to simply enter ''http://homepage.ntlworld.com'' but that didn't work).  It appears to have been last updated in 2006.

Main page

From there I found these sections

Reviews (quite a lot!)

Features (mostly interviews...could be interesting)

Links (Some other interesting review sites from back in the day.... Hey look, kungfucinema.com! Link is dead though.  Kung Fu Cult Cinema...looks interesting!)

And a few pictures (on the left side of the main page).

So nothing groundbreaking, but an interesting look at the remains of some old MA movie fansites.

UPDATE 2: There might be a little more available if you use the other captured 'shots' at the top of the screen on archive.org.  Just for fun, I went back to 2001.

GAH! MY EYES ARE BLEEDING.

Interesting: UK DVD review archive. Appears to be an earlier version of the Reviews section (apparently 36 Chambers of Shaolin: The Final Confrontation is just Shaolin Drunken Monk lol.)

The rest of the sections don't really lead anywhere.

Fascinating stuff :laugh

UPDATE 3: HOLY CRAP tried a site in the links section and found this fossil:

Was this like a school project or something??

Seems to have had a fair amount of reviews, but the links all seem to be dead.

In the links section found this ancient Jet Li fansite

This could go on forever.....

Thank you Archive.org

I used to love browsing through these reviews before deciding on future purchases and it was such a shame when the Wasted Life site disappeared....until now!! Great work SmokingFistofDoom your efforts are much appreciated. :)

SmokingFistOfDoom
20 hours ago, andy338 said:

I used to love browsing through these reviews before deciding on future purchases and it was such a shame when the Wasted Life site disappeared....until now!! Great work SmokingFistofDoom your efforts are much appreciated. :)

Glad to be of assistance!  If you want to go to revisit an expired website and can remember the web address, Archive.org is your best friend.  Not all the pages will necessarily work, but you can often at least see parts of it.

Archived