John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum (2019) - Keanu Reeves, Halle Berry, Mark Dacascos

AlbertV

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a bit of Keanu tactical training

Thats the most overgrown Ive seen Keanus hair look, pretty sure he doesnt appear that way in the film though.

Funny how he tries to act out the movements behind the instructor with an imaginary gun and instantly crosses his arms or moves his hand to his beard as soon as the instrustor turns around lol

Lionsgate first clip from John Wick 3 - from http://collider.com/john-wick-3-clip/  "In this clip, Wick and his dog enter a taxi only to get stuck in traffic.  Wick, realizing that time of the essence, pays the taxi to take the dog to the Continental where it will be safe.  After all, it's not like the dog broke the sanctuary rules."   

Just saw this (as the UK gets it 2 days before the US) and yeah, be excited, dudes, as this is every bit as great as parts 1 and 2.

I won't go into too much detail now but as it stands, the John Wick trilogy is easily up there with the very best action films ever, East or West.

Go, love it, rave about it on here.

You have your orders.

Just saw it (we get it one day before the US does). Here's my review:

I will be heading out to see it again sometime this weekend.

This will be the 2nd time I will be seeing it - I saw it a little while back at a private screening.

massa_yoda

This film rocks my face off.  The action is excellent and it’s pretty much non-stop.  The two hour runtime just flies by.  The early fight involving Roger Yuan and Tiger Chen set the bar so high I didn’t know how the movie would sustain it for two hours.  But then Halle Berry and her dogs show up in an amazing second act and have another incredible action scene with Reeves.  The final act is when Mr. Dacascos and Mad Dog get involved.  The Mad dog (plus another dude I can’t recall) fight with Wick isn’t as strong as I’d hoped, but by then I might have been so exhausted myself that I could be misjudging it.  I just wanted his fight to have more a different style to it.  Dacascos gets in some great moves in his fight with Wick and it was nice to see him in a big movie like this.  In short, this film is amazing.  Everyone involved should be proud of the amount of work that went into this.  Just wow. 

OpiumKungFuCracker

Tiger Chen fight scenes were flawless. Some of the best hand to hand combat I've seen in an American action movies. The Raid dudes were okay too, and Mark D 😜

Drunken Monk

I second everyone else’s opinions. This is by far one of the best action films to come out of Hollywood and, for me, it’s film of the year (so far).

Not only are the fight scenes amazing, a lot of them are original. The knife fight, the inclusion of dogs, even horses. So much good stuff here. I absolutely loved every second.

It also builds the John Wick world beautifully. There’s much bigger scope here and it works.

Run out to see this. You won’t be disappointed.

ShaOW!linDude

The wife and I saw this last night and we were astounded. The action has a great flow and there's a well thought out escalation to it. Stahelski did his homework and didn't disappoint. There are so many nice little flourishes that build on things we've seen in the previous Wick films. I'd say there's more hand-to-hand stuff in this than the previous Wick films, too. Full of beautifully brutal fight sequences. The end fights (yes, plural!) do not disappoint. Loved the Dacascos character Zero, and Cecep and Yayan's characters are gold.

I was keeping an eye out, but never spotted Tiger Chen, and he's not listed in the closing credits as appearing anywhere. Was he there?

Great to see Roger Yuan in there, too. 

37 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I was keeping an eye out, but never spotted Tiger Chen, and he's not listed in the closing credits as appearing anywhere. Was he there?

He was doing the fancy handwork with the hatchet during the early Triad fight.

Just saw this at the cinema and what a blast.This Was a hell of a ride and the knife/hatchetsequence was like all the action scenes top draw.Will definitely be watching this again.👍👍👍👍

ShaOW!linDude
4 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Gonna go see it for a 2nd time. I wanna buy a horse now.

Note to self: do not never ever stand behind @OpiumKungFuCracker's horse.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Outright incredible movie. I seen a ton of kung fu movies and I don't think I've quite seen something that held up to this.

21 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Outright incredible movie. I seen a ton of kung fu movies and I don't think I've quite seen something that held up to this.

tucci.png   tucci.png   tucci.png

Seeing it tomorrow, so excited!

Archived