The Living Sword 1969

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU

Can any Mandarin speakers help me with a better description of the end of the Living Sword 1969? I have worked on some of the subs, but I am a little perplexed on the last 20 minutes, where Paul Chang Chung decides to rape her, and then, by the end they seem to have made amends and try to grasp hands, etc. Kind of confused when he admits to killing her, and also, why she is covered in scars. Also, did she kill the guy that did that, and she, too, is hiding from the law after all?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShawAngela

I didn't have time to watch the whole movie, but at around 53 mn, when Chang Chung discovers that Charlie Chin was Chen Man Ling's husband, he asks her if she knows who killed him, and she says that it's an assassin (if I heard well), and she also says that she is a nun and something else I didn't understand, and then, he says that he doesn't care that she is a nun and that he wants her, and then, it's the fire in the temple.

At around 1h, when they are in the forest, she says something I didn't understand and he asks her if she doesn't want to take revenge.

At around 1h05, when he chases her in the forest and threatens her with the sword, she asks him to kill her, but he says that he doesn't want her heart but her body (or something like that, since he uses the word for "people"), if I'm not mistaken...

At 1h06, he explains her that he didn't want to kill Charlie Chin, but if he hadn't killed him, then it's Charlie who would have killed him, since it was a duel and then he says that since Charlie is already dead, she is free (or something like that) and that he wants her.

Then, when he discovers the scars, she asks him if he is afraid and doesn't want her anymore and, maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems to me that she says that she too wanted to kill (or get revenge ?) and my guess is that maybe she got the scars in order to give up the desire of killing and then, she says that she wants to kill him and after the fight, when they are both hurt, he tells her that he is ready to die and that she can kill him and he explains her what his wife had done and that he killed her and her lover, and then, it's the fight with the magistrate and his men and Chang Chung's last word is " we...".

The subtitles "I'm a vegan " (during the rabbit scene)  and Charlie Chin calling her lover " babe " are funny...

Thanks for trying to put subtitles on such good and rare movies, it's a hard work and I appreciate your efforts.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I have finished the subs. I may change them at a certain point, but there are so many to do! I am looking at Lotus Camp, Black Panther and the Great Highwaymen. Also, Sword of Endurance needs subs, as well as GODFATHERS OF HONG KONG. Anyway, check it out, and thanks for the kind words Shaw Angela!

Archived