Baaghi 2 (2018) - Tiger Shroff, Disha Patani, Manoj Bajpayee

AlbertV

The Bollywood film Baaghi, which caused controversy due to its finale being lifted from The Raid (the lawsuit between producers was ultimately thrown out), is getting a sequel with Tiger Shroff returning. Shroff posted the poster art on his Twitter, which has a release date of April 27, 2018 locked down in its native India.

baaghi2.jpg?w=775

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

@mpm74 this must be the best news you've heard all day considering you dedicated a whole post to the first over at COF!

14 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

@mpm74 this must be the best news you've heard all day considering you dedicated a whole post to the first over at COF!

Don't get me started on that Rambo remake. AlbertV, you actually visit this guy's twitter? This forum banned markgway, but it allows posts like this? 

whitesnake

But Stallone himself likes the idea of Tiger Shroff in that Rambo remake.  He posted - "I actually get excited in my heart whenever young artists get a rare opportunity to reach for the stars! Eye of the Tiger! I am sure you will put all of your heart and soul into it... Never give up young man!"

http://www.newindianexpress.com/entertainment/hindi/2017/aug/02/tiger-shroff-hungry-for-big-box-office-numbers-1636838--2.html

It was revealed that Tiger Shroff went to Hong Kong and trained with Tony Ching Siu-Tung for the film. The sequel is actually a remake of another Indian film, a Telugu film called Kshanam (looks like they got permission this time around unlike the first film, which we all know that controversy). Disha Patani has replaced Shraddha Kapoor as the new female lead but Shroff will play Ronny once again. Shroff is sporting a new look for the film as well

A release date of March 30, 2018 is set according to Shroff.

I have to say it...it already looks better than the original. At least they confirmed it is a loose remake of another Indian film, not like the issue with the original and its Raid reference.

Baaghi 2 has become Tiger Shroff's most successful film to date. The film has already crossed the 100-crore mark in one week. The film had made Rs 152.40 Crore ($23,029,849.80 US) at the Indian box office so far. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/box-office/baaghi-2-box-office-collection-week-3-tiger-shroff-and-disha-patani-earns-rs-8-85-crore/articleshow/63815148.cms

AVS TV Review:
http://www.avstv.com/baaghi-2-movie-review/

Tang actually made the first one for me, kinda shined the little he did. Thought the first one wasn't to bad action wise, the story could have used work felt chopped in places .

Behind the scenes of the action of Baaghi 2. Action coordinators were Ram and Lakshman from India and Kecha Khamphakdee from Thailand.

A third Baaghi movie was announced on Twitter in February 2018.  In early July this was released - "Bollywood actor Tiger Shroff is gearing up for the third instalment of the franchise by getting trained at a Syrian military academy... As part of his training, Tiger will travel to the troubled zone and learn how to fire weapons AT4, M16 guns and rocket launchers.  It is also likely for Ahmed Khan [the director] to shoot 'Baaghi 3' in Syria and the neighbouring countries despite the violence and unrest."  From -   https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/339977-tiger-shroff-to-seek-training-at-syrian-military-camp-for-baaghi-3   

In the meantime, enjoy the Get Ready to Fight Again music video for Baaghi 2 - 

First of all, it's a remake of a Telugu movie Kshanam, which, in turn was loosely based or inspired by a 2004 Hollywood thriller The Forgotten. ( I gotta say, the Indian version without any sci-fi twists is actually better).  So,  Bollywood took a somewhat interesting story and didn't really knew what to do with it, so they added some action parts to it and that movie, like Dr. Frankenstein's monster, sewn together from different parts, was presented to the viewers

Baaghi 2 starts like your typical Indian movie. You got your songs, your dances, your happy lovers. Then the movie turns into a mystery detective story.  In the first almost two hours you don't get any action, except for a weird сhase scene, when Tiger runs on foot after a bad guy, while for some totally unnecessary reason cars and buses create destruction on the city streets. The whole scene makes little sense, but it's fun to watch, nonetheless. Still, there's no point for shredded Tiger to play this role as all he does is walking and talking. The story seems good and even a little weird, so it's not a complete waste of time. Then, in the last 20 minutes, all of a sudden, for no rhyme or reason, the movie turns into a cheap jungle war flick. Filled  with wire assisted moves and all kinds of ridiculous, the whole finale looks atrocious, senseless and totally forced. When all explosions finally explode and all the bad guys are finally dead, the viewer leaves the theater with one question on his or hers mind - what the  hell did I just watch?!

Honestly, there are much better Indian flicks out there than this wretched sequel

Based on the Baaghi 2 music video, I might like the movie.  Based on the trailer, I wouldn't.  There are enough Indian-Americans living in the area that Baaghi 2 may have played at one or more theaters here.  But for me it was too much like Rambo,  What happened to Sia?  And why couldn't Ronny have stayed in South India and run the martial arts school?  I hope the enemy doesn't threaten Ronny's daughter in Baaghi 3 as motivation to get him involved in the action.  With too many threats to the same person in a TV or movie series, threatening the hero's "hostages to fortune" just gets old.

Here's the Baaghi 3 official teaser trailer; the trailer was released on January 6, 2019.  IMDB lists the release date in India for Baaghi 3 as March 6, 2020.  Shraddha Kapoor, the romance interest in Baaghi 1, returns for Baaghi 3.  

Archived