Rambo (2019) - Tiger Shroff in Bollywood Remake

AlbertV

Announced at the Cannes Film Festival, the first of a five-picture deal between India-based Original Entertainment and Millennium Films, which allows Original to remake five Millennium features has been announced...it will be RamboTiger Shroff will play the Bollywood Rambo with the story akin to First Blood but set in Kashmir and the Himalayas. 

Stallone expressed his thoughts and while it seems he had reservations about the remake at first, he is optimistic that Tiger will be able to keep the legacy going. Here is the official poster art unveiled at Cannes

TigerShroff-Rambo-Poster1.jpg

In the words of Linda Richman, I'm getting "verklempt"....talk amongst yourselves on this. 

Oh and if you are curious, the other films Original will be remaking as part of the deal:

The Expendables
16 Blocks
88 Minutes
Brooklyn's Finest

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

This is quite literally the worst deal I've ever had the misfortune of reading about. Bollywood seems to have as much originality in its action movie scene as Hollywood does with its endless remakes/reboots.

For those wondering what Stallone did say, here are his Instagram posts:

HyperDrive

My two hopes:

1. There won't be an overabundance of CGI.

2. Rambo won't sing. It would wreck the character for me if he did. This also has a chance to be more bizarre than Mithun singing to a synth beat produced by a machine gun in Commando (1988) which was a loose Bollywood remake of American Ninja.

FieryReign

Isn't Bollywood a bunch of singing and dancing like musicals? How does that translate to a hyper violent series like Rambo? Weird. Tiger Shroff? He gave himself that name, didn't he? Corny.

On 5/21/2017 at 4:15 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

This is quite literally the worst deal I've ever had the misfortune of reading about. Bollywood seems to have as much originality in its action movie scene as Hollywood does with its endless remakes/reboots.

this is true bollywood action was only good when hk folk did it. :D

7 hours ago, FieryReign said:

Isn't Bollywood a bunch of singing and dancing like musicals? How does that translate to a hyper violent series like Rambo? Weird.

Well, while Bollywood mostly is known for injecting the musical stuff in their films, there have been a few exceptions. One that comes to mind is 2010's Lahore, the Bollywood political remake of Best of the Best. I saw the film and there were no musical numbers in the film. I have to agree, this is one film I can't see Bollywood numbers used in.

Archived