Venom (2018) - Tom Hardy as the Spidey Villain/Anti-Hero

AlbertV

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been revealed that the film will adapt two comic storylines: "Lethal Protector" where after meeting Peter Parker and vowing never to cause trouble in New York, Eddie Brock packs his bags and heads to San Francisco (hence Venom will become an anti-hero) and the "Planet of the Symbiotes", where Venom will take on the likes of various symbiote-changed baddies with Carnage being the leader.

As you can see, production is going on right now.

Tom Hardy in first official photo as Eddie Brock

DTRohsbV4AAifpq.jpg

A rumored possible look at what Venom could look like from sculptor Mikael Frandsen

Venom-3.jpg?resize=750,531

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

That trailer is fake, I think. Seems very sketchy. And “Venom” is a Sony production, isn’t it? Not Marvel.

DragonClaws
12 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

That trailer is fake, I think. Seems very sketchy. And “Venom” is a Sony production, isn’t it? Not Marvel.

Yeah it says fan edit at the top of the video, sure there was a recent official trialer?.

Love that design!!! He looks absolutely wicked and I think Tom Hardy is perfect for the role!

This is the one superhero film I've been absolutely ambivalent about, I couldn't care less whether it's good or bad. After that trailer? Count me in! Tom Hardy being good is a given, but that design! Betters the Spidey 3 version by some distance I must say.

ShaOW!linDude

Never cared for this character. Even after the trailer, I'm thinking I'm gonna skip it...unless they really do throw in Carnage. And even then, I don't know. The whole symbiote story line just never appealed to me.

Drunken Monk
56 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Never cared for this character. Even after the trailer, I'm thinking I'm gonna skip it...unless they really do throw in Carnage. And even then, I don't know. The whole symbiote story line just never appealed to me.

Rumor has it, Carnage will be the villain. I heard Woody Harrelson’s nake being thrown around.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:15 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

I'm quite the opposite, I think the character is great but the movie looks pretty bad (imo sorry to say guys). Ill be skipping this one too, I don't like the character THAT much. Went to the comic store a couple of days ago and got asked by two strangers how I felt about the trailer. I had to get their opinion out before I potentially appalled them with mine. Turned out, they felt similarly, that the trailer didn't look too great, or at least didn't do the movie justice. I mean Spiderman 3 was fun and all (despite the negative reception) and I'd rather just rewatch that if I needed a Venom fix. Also, keep in mind that I'm very selective with what superhero content I decide to indulge in. I'm happily awaiting Deadpool 2 and the Aquaman movie, but wish I could get my two hours back from the Justice League movie (did enjoy Suicide Squad though). But I suppose many people are all across the board when it comes to their superhero flick preferences, that is if they're actually theirs and not just repeating everyone elses.

Also I get kind of irritated that Tom Hardy is everyone's first pick for any superhero character ever, not a big fan of the guy really. Though I still need to see Bronson! Maybe my opinion will change.

ShaOW!linDude
1 hour ago, Koravec said:

I mean Spiderman 3 was fun and all (despite the negative reception) and I'd rather just rewatch that if I needed a Venom fix.

Same here. That was about the right fix for me as far as Venom goes.

Drunken Monk

I don't know what to make of this. It could be goofy fun but the CGI looks shitty in places and Venom's commentary is a little...cringe worthy? My fingers are crossed.

And the bad guy is Riot? Not Carnage? Boooooo!

They might save Carnage for a sequel. BTW, the film is officially getting a PG-13 rating, but I'm guessing a hard PG-13, close to R to get a wider audience and to eventually bring Spider-Man to face Venom in a movie, which will prove impossible if Venom is rated R.

Riot is the lead villain, but there will also be Agony, Phage, Toxin, and Scream.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/14/17859100/venom-rating-pg-13

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

They might save Carnage for a sequel. BTW, the film is officially getting a PG-13 rating, but I'm guessing a hard PG-13, close to R to get a wider audience and to eventually bring Spider-Man to face Venom in a movie, which will prove impossible if Venom is rated R.

Its been rated 15 here, which is like an R-Rating, which is very rare for a Marvel or D.C movie. They normally get the 12-A here, which is just a PG-13 really. The 15 suggests, it will be a bit more raw than other super hero flicks. Just dn't go in expecting Logan, levels of carnage lol.

Finn Balor just posted this cool Venom variation of his Demon King character. He sure would make a cool cameo, especially if they were going about remaking the spiderman wrestling scene (of course not the case).

image.jpeg

I think this was one of best marvel movies...lack of red paint bit bothered and some very silly humor but good there was not much of it. After reading some very negative comments of some marvel experts at local site was pleasantly surprised flick turned out to be entertaining.

Archived