Hidden Strike (formerly SNAFU/Project X-Traction/Ex-Baghdad) (2023) Jackie Chan, John Cena, Rachel Holoway, Tim Man

DragonClaws

legendarycurry
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm sorry but this movie looks like pure ass to me. Hope those who see it like it though.

• Like 1

Josh Baker

Yeah this film looks very bad- forced humour, CGI stunts, Jackie barely doing anything- I thought he said he was going to stop doing projects like this ten years ago? 

legendarycurry
9 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

Yeah this film looks very bad- forced humour, CGI stunts, Jackie barely doing anything- I thought he said he was going to stop doing projects like this ten years ago? 

He also said no CGI special effects because he is the special effect, he also said Shanghai Dawn is coming soon, he also said I don't use double that's why I always look at camera so you see it is Jackie, he also said...

• Like 2

I'll be honest, this looks like it'll be worth watching for the Chan/Cena double act. Plus I saw Tim Man and Bruce Law in the IMDB credits, no matter what the film is like, you can always count on them to deliver.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 1

36tripsofdeath

Like I said about the leaked trailer, this official trailer looks pretty good. Still heavily anticipating this.

starschwar

"From the director of Expendables 4".   Putting unreleased movies as a selling point is a... unique tactic, I'll say that much.  "You know that movie that's a sequel to that other series that you liked at least one of?  The one you haven't seen yet?  Yeah, that's probably good, so this one might be maybe?"

The CGI looks pretty rough - that fire hose was embarrassing.  Jackie's the master of action comedy, but that modern Marvel-style humor just does not fit him at all.  Still, this has potential.  The last time Jackie fought Road Warrior rejects was Fantasy Mission Force, we're overdue for a rematch.  Was this one filmed a few years ago and shelved?  Jackie looks remarkably youthful in the footage. 

• Haha 1

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, starschwar said:

Was this one filmed a few years ago and shelved?  Jackie looks remarkably youthful in the footage.

Yes, filming started in 2018 - 5 years ago!

It's been on the shelf for a while.

• Like 1

legendarycurry
3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I heard the same thing about the Lucky Stars movie that had a poster tease last year. I wonder if that will ever come out, at least  that has Sammo in a bowl cut, which to me is more exciting than whatever this is.

Edited by legendarycurry
spelling
  • Like 2

Josh Baker
3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Oh yeah fair enough. I forgot this was shot in 2018.

This looks like an abandoned F&F spin-off lol. 2018 or not it looks like shite and the comedy was apparently written by a 12 year old. Regardless once this gem hits streaming or what not I feel inclined to check it out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

legendarycurry
7 hours ago, laagi said:

This looks like an abandoned F&F spin-off lol. 2018 or not it looks like shite and the comedy was apparently written by a 12 year old. Regardless once this gem hits streaming or what not I feel inclined to check it out!

If by streaming you mean people sending the film negatives down a river then yes I too will have a peek at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

legendarycurry
16 hours ago, starschwar said:

"From the director of Expendables 4".   Putting unreleased movies as a selling point is a... unique tactic, I'll say that much.  "You know that movie that's a sequel to that other series that you liked at least one of?  The one you haven't seen yet?  Yeah, that's probably good, so this one might be maybe?"

A film that wasn't even in production when the movie you are watching the trailer for was finished. 10/10 marketing.

• Like 1

starschwar
3 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

A film that wasn't even in production when the movie you are watching the trailer for was finished. 10/10 marketing.

We should take this further.  Let's bill the directors for movies that not only haven't been made - but ones that haven't even been planned!

From the visionary who will bring you:

• Unannounced Marvel Film (2027)
  • Unscheduled Star Wars project reshoot after the original director has creative differences (2030)
  • Complete in-the-can movie movie deleted from Warner servers as a tax write-off (2024)
  • Halloween (2028)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

legendarycurry
1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

john-cena-you-can-t-see-me-sv3zuykmzqnxe

'U Can't See Me!'

Thank fuck as it looks like shit.

I wonder if it has a scene where Cena starts speaking Mandarin and Jackie Chan is super confused, That would be so funny, hahahaha - Someone, 2023

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

Just to counteract the continued negativity a bit, I'll be watching this. I won't be rushing to the cinema (I doubt it'll get a theatrical release anyway) but I'll definitely be streaming it once it's available.
It doesn't look like a masterpiece or anything but it looks like it could be a fun ride. And I can rely on Tim Man to deliver the goods when it cones to the action side of things. Honestly? I'd probably take this over a Rush Hour 4.

• Like 1

legendarycurry
10 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Just to counteract the continued negativity a bit, I'll be watching this. I won't be rushing to the cinema (I doubt it'll get a theatrical release anyway) but I'll definitely be streaming it once it's available.
It doesn't look like a masterpiece or anything but it looks like it could be a fun ride. And I can rely on Tim Man to deliver the goods when it cones to the action side of things. Honestly? I'd probably take this over a Rush Hour 4.

Hope you'll like it when you see it bud! I'd take pineapple on pizza over Rush Hour 4.

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
20 minutes ago, legendarycurry said:

Hope you'll like it when you see it bud! I'd take pineapple on pizza over Rush Hour 4.

Nothing wrong with pineapple on pizza. Black olives can fuck right off though!

rush-hour-new-line-cinema.gif

• Haha 1

legendarycurry
15 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Nothing wrong with pineapple on pizza. Black olives can fuck right off though!

rush-hour-new-line-cinema.gif

I like black olives on pizza. Since I am unable to distinguish between someone disliking a pizza topping I like from them disliking me as a person, I not only consider you wrong but also very rude. :crying

Seriously though, to each their own, may everyone live their best life.

• Like 2

The leaked trailer looked better. This hardly shows any Jackie action. I actually thought it looked ok from the leaked trailer tbh…..

2 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

I wonder if it has a scene where Cena starts speaking Mandarin and Jackie Chan is super confused, That would be so funny, hahahaha - Someone, 2023

As we all know by now Cena is fluent in 'apologetic chinese' which is the basis for any Hollywood tough guy to start a career in the middle kingdom.

• Haha 2

cooksandkungfoodle
On 5/31/2023 at 9:41 AM, legendarycurry said:

I heard the same thing about the Lucky Stars movie that had a poster tease last year. I wonder if that will ever come out, at least  that has Sammo in a bowl cut, which to me is more exciting than whatever this is.

Have you got a link to the trailer for this?  I seen it a few months back but have lost the link. Thanks. 

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, cooksandkungfoodle said:

Have you got a link to the trailer for this?  I seen it a few months back but have lost the link. Thanks. 

I haven't seen a trailer but you can see some footage in this video... 

• Buddha Bless You 1

legendarycurry
26 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I haven't seen a trailer but you can see some footage in this video... 

Yeah no official trailer far as I know, a poster exists where it is called like " Legend of The Pearl" or something though