Hidden Strike (formerly SNAFU/Project X-Traction/Ex-Baghdad) (2023) Jackie Chan, John Cena, Rachel Holoway, Tim Man

DragonClaws

One Armed Boxer
12 hours ago, reason108 said:

Why a name change? Project X? Project A it’s not! Maybe call it Foreigner X since it seems more closely related to that kind of film.

They should ask Ding Sheng to direct it, then it'll be called 'Foreigner 2018'.

• Like 2

dcj_6676.jpg

Cena, Chan, and director Scott Waugh. According to THR, Jackie Chan's Stunt Team will choreograph the fight scenes and Waugh, a former stuntman himself and legacy (his father is co-founder of Stunts Unlimited and was the original double for Nicholas Hammond's Spider-Man), will choreograph a high-level driving sequence. 

As for titles, with Cena playing an ex-Marine, I was thinking The Marine: Return of Triton (I'd say Marine 6, but that's already coming out this fall :P)

The Chinese title translates to Fury Sandstorm...maybe they can play off that title of some sort.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Nice article in The Hollywood Reporter on the first meeting between Jackie Chan and John Cena for Project X, how Cena has been learning Chinese for the past 3-4 years, and that Project X is "a working title" - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/shanghai-jackie-chan-john-cena-talk-action-collaboration-project-x-1122143  

• Like 3

I'm really looking forward to this one, especially now knowing Chan's stunt team will be behind the action. I mean, I suppose it was always going to be that way, though it hasn't always been the case for American productions has it?

• Like 1

Project X was filming in southwest China in early August 2018 when heavy summer rains triggered a mudslide that surprised cast and crew.  Jackie Chan said on social media, "Our crew were caught in a massive mudslide!  A few of our production trucks were stuck in the river of rushing mud."  "Chan took to Facebook, Twitter, his own blog and Chinese social media to confirm the event and reassure fans that all were safe."  Story here - https://variety.com/2018/film/news/jackie-chan-dodges-mudslide-project-x-1202899285/  

Landslaide hits Jackie Chan, John Cena film

• Like 2

It looks like from the still posted by @DragonClaws, the film is now called Project X-Traction. New cast members announced included Ghost in the Shell's Pilou Asbaek (from what it sounds like he could be the villain of the film) and Amadeus Serafini (as Cena's brother). British martial artist and actress Rachael Holoway plays a character named "Raider" and Tim Man's character is "Knox".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6879446/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

and Tim Man's character is "Knox".

About time this guy got some more screen time, he puts so much effort into making other people look good onscreen.

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

British martial artist and actress Rachael Holoway plays a character named "Raider"

Hard to keep up with all th female screen fighters at the moment.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

New (shitty) poster...

45379926_145358509765186_7867881533795553405_n.jpg

A lot of imagination went into this,god I hope they put more effort into the movie

• Like 1

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, daman77 said:

Just Curious where are the new images? Is there a Link?

I re-posted the Twitter post, it shows up fine for me. Anyone else having any problems seeing the images/re-post?.

Ok sorry , I saw the posting,,,, those images have been around for a while...I thought they had released new images or more info, thanks

• Like 1

36tripsofdeath

Composer Nathan Furst, son of late actor Stephen Furst, is composing the music for Project X. He has done the music for all of Scott Waugh's previous movies. He has also composed the music for Lake Placid 2 and 3, Bionicle: Mask of Light and it's two sequels, a few of the Roxy Hunter films, Baby Huey's Great Easter Adventure, some killer shark films, and a killer snake movie called Copperhead.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 36tripsofdeath said:

Composer Nathan Furst, son of late actor Stephen Furst, is composing the music for Project X. He has done the music for all of Scott Waugh's previous movies. He has also composed the music for Lake Placid 2 and 3, Bionicle: Mask of Light and it's two sequels, a few of the Roxy Hunter films, Baby Huey's Great Easter Adventure, some killer shark films, and a killer snake movie called Copperhead.

High quality then 😛

• Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 8:25 AM, cooksandkungfoodle said:

Any news on this? Seems to have gone quiet

It looks set for release next year, what month is anyone guess?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josh Baker said:

Is this movie done? Is it just waiting for release this year?

I believe it is done. It is just a matter of when the film will be released. Hopefully it will be this year. 

• Like 3