Hidden Strike (formerly SNAFU/Project X-Traction/Ex-Baghdad) (2023) Jackie Chan, John Cena, Rachel Holoway, Tim Man

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

DenOfGeek has reported that there yet anohter project being added to Jackie Chan's future movie plans. There's been talk of Sylvester Stallone and Chan doing a movie team up since the mid 90's. It looks like it might actually be happening now. The pair did make avery brief cameo appearance together in the film Burn Hollywood Burn(1997)

Link- http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/ex-baghdad/49392/sylvester-stallone-jackie-chan-set-for-new-action-film

2d284b42b9bb0542a4a9155e07506205.jpg

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I hope Stallone directs. He's an underrated director and I think he'd give Jackie the time needed to really shine.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I hope Stallone directs. He's an underrated director and I think he'd give Jackie the time needed to really shine.

Totally. Rambo 4 and Rocky 6 were near flawless.

Expendables (part 1) was disappointing though. But like i said in the Triple Threat (what a dumb title) thread, if you have two many toys to play with, be careful. 

Based on Skiptrace, they better not get Renny Harlin. That guy is shit without Joel Silver. I'm only bringing his name in because he worked with both Jackie and Sly.

Edited by mpm74
  • Like 1

Drunken Monk
4 minutes ago, mpm74 said:

Totally. Rambo 4 and Rocky 6 were near flawless.

Expendables (part 1) was disappointing though. But like i said in the Triple Threat (what a dumb title) thread, if you have two many toys to play with, be careful. 

Based on Skiptrace, they better not get Renny Harlin. That guy is shit without Joel Silver. I'm only bringing his name in because he worked with both Jackie and Sly.

Apparently this film will be directed by Scott Waugh ("Act of Valor" and "Need for Speed") and will be called "Ex-Baghdad".

"When a China-run oil refinery is attacked in Mosul, Iraq, a Chinese private security contractor (Chan) is called in to extract the oil workers. He learns, however, that the attackers’ real plan is to steal a fortune in oil, and teams up with an American former Marine (Stallone) to stop them."

• Like 2

Is Chan going to be action director? I'm intrigued as to what Stallone would look like in a Chan directed fight scene. If this works, then I can't wait to watch it. Both are past their prime, but both also have a certain charisma that comes to life on a cinema screen and it'll be interesting to see what their dynamic is.

• Like 2

FieryReign
On 5/12/2017 at 4:45 PM, SamSeed said:

Is Chan going to be action director? I'm intrigued as to what Stallone would look like in a Chan directed fight scene.

This is all people want to see. Since the 80s. Why has it taken so long for something to come of this? Something so simple, goddamn.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Like its 2 stars, this is an idea that may be past its prime. Would've been sweet 25 years ago.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Like its 2 stars, this is an idea that may be past its prime. Would've been sweet 25 years ago.

They are past their best, but as big fans of the actors I'd still like to see them on screen together. It's just a real shame they never got to team up in their prime. It's similar to how Arnie and Stallone made Escape Plan way after their peak years. Still turned out to be a good little actioner though.

I thought Stallone may have ended up playing one of the bodyguards in Five Against A Bullit.

• Like 3

Stallone is not going to be in the film after all. It's still being developed and Jackie Chan is still going to be in it. I got the word from director Scott Waugh, when I interviewed him for his upcoming film 6 Below: Miracle on the Mountain.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2017/10/10/bringing-a-miracle-an-interview-with-scott-waugh/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2017 at 5:13 PM, AlbertV said:

Stallone is not going to be in the film after all. It's still being developed and Jackie Chan is still going to be in it. I got the word from director Scott Waugh, when I interviewed him for his upcoming film 6 Below: Miracle on the Mountain.

Will Stallone have any role behind the camera?, he's just announced he'll be returing to directed for Creed 2.

It's a shame to hear about him dropping out of this project, but I'm still keen to see how it pans out.

• Like 1

New title and new co-star:

The film is now being called Project X and replacing Stallone will be...John Cena.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/john-cena-to-star-in-movie-with-jackie-chan

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-cena-jackie-chan-star-action-thriller-scott-waugh-1119268

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
15 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Glad to see this project is still alive, not a huge fan of John Cena, but he's proved he can do physical action movie roles in the past.

• Like 1

Actually quite pleased to hear this. Cena has slowly but surely been building himself a decent Hollywood profile. The Marine was fun, as was 12 Rounds. He proved he could act with The Wall and it seems he has quite the penchant for comedy, I thought Blockers was a really good mainstream studio comedy, so it'll be interesting to see him alongside Chan.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
10 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

We already three films called Project X, do we need another?

As Martial Art film fans, we are used to getting similar or repetative titles.

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I thought The Rock was the blandest thing since rice wafers.... till I saw John Cena.

I used to feel the same way about The Rock, before he got into movies. Never was a ue fof his gimmick, but the he did get a lot better over the years. Slowly come round to enjoying his movies too, though a lot of his recent output doesnt interest me, such as Rampage.

7 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Actually quite pleased to hear this. Cena has slowly but surely been building himself a decent Hollywood profile. The Marine was fun, as was 12 Rounds. He proved he could act with The Wall and it seems he has quite the penchant for comedy, I thought Blockers was a really good mainstream studio comedy, so it'll be interesting to see him alongside Chan.

The Marine was ok, but I thought 12 Rounds was really bad, and not in an entertaining way. Never caught any of those other movies you mentioned. Might have to see what he's like in The Blocker's, if you say he's good at comedy.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2018 at 9:37 PM, DragonClaws said:

The Marine was ok, but I thought 12 Rounds was really bad, and not in an entertaining way. Never caught any of those other movies you mentioned. Might have to see what he's like in The Blocker's, if you say he's good at comedy.

Don;t go into Blockers expecting high art, but I laughed a lot. Most of it rests on Cena playing his overt masculinity for laughs, and it really works.

• Like 2

Why a name change? Project X? Project A it’s not! Maybe call it Foreigner X since it seems more closely related to that kind of film.

Edited by reason108
Cause