Iron Bones (1969) Cathay Pictures is up on youtube!

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU

Can anyone help me with a detailed synopsis? I am trying to sub this, and it is not as straightforward as some of the other projects in terms of guessing and making up the story. When I did some of the other Cathay stuff there were old lobby card synopsis and so on. I know that a print is floating around, so I hope some Chinese speakers can help me here. A funny aside. FLK Cinema is now selling the movies that I subbed and put on youtube, isn't that a coincidence. What would be really funny is they took the parody subs from Redress instead of the straightforward translation from German that I got on there later. Actually, who knows? I'm not about to buy them from FLK, so you tell me, LOL! If they look like mine, I am curious.

Iron_Bones.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoKUNGFUforYU

Another of my free form sub jobs. I had some help from various sources, so the subs follow the story well enough to enjoy. Took a few liberties as well. Not as action packed as Forbidden Killing or the Eagle's Claw, but pretty decent flick, IMHO.

Lizardlady

VERY decent flick!  I enjoyed it a lot & always get a kick out of your subs, too!

NoKUNGFUforYU

I went with my gut on this. That being said, Toby Russell said it was not half bad, considering I don't speak Chinese.

A shame that little can be done to stop FLK from selling your translations. They seem like the type that would just ignore and carry on.

OpiumKungFuCracker

So FLK steals Subs? You guys need to let me know these things before I subscribe to their streaming service!!! Come on!! man!!

7 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

So FLK steals Subs? You guys need to let me know these things before I subscribe to their streaming service!!! Come on!! man!!

It has been said that they steal more than subs.

NoKUNGFUforYU

What! Another coincidence? FLK now has a subbed version of Iron Bones? Only a matter of time that they come out with Living Sword, I guess.

Archived