Hellboy (2019) - David Harbour, Milla Jovovich, Ian McShane

AlbertV

A few months after Guillermo del Toro had announced there will be no Hellboy 3, the character's creator Mike Mignola announced there is a third film but it's a reboot/sequel that he co-wrote with Andrew Cosby and Chris Golden. Ron Perlman will NOT be returning to the role but a replacement may have been found: David Harbour, best known for his role on Stranger Things. Neil Marshall has been attached to direct and the kicker...this will be an R-rated reboot. Millennium Films is currently negotiating to get the film made.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hellboy-reboot-works-stranger-things-star-david-harbour-1001462

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Ron Perlman has met his Hellboy successor David Harbour. The two had dinner with Patton Oswalt and Perlman has given his blessing:

"Good luck kid! Signed, the Babe." Perlman responded to Oswalt's Twitter

harbouroswaltperlman.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Neil Marshall revealed that he plans to use more practical effects and rely less on CGI

“It’s definitely going to be as practical as we can possibly make it. I love to do stuff in camera whenever I possibly can, and use CG as the amazing tool that it is, to enhance or expand upon the world, but not to use it to replace reality, when you can do it [for] real.”

• Like 1

Ian McShane has signed on to play Professor Trevor Broom, who adopted Hellboy. He replaces the late John Hurt, who played the character in Guillermo del Toro's films

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ian-mcshane-hellboy-reboot-david-harbour-1202512915/

And it now looks like the film will simply be called Hellboy without the subititle

http://www.darkhorizons.com/hellboy-creator-on-his-reboot-involvement/

• Like 1

Daniel Dae Kim (Lost, Hawaii Five-O, American Shaolin) is in talks to play Major Ben Daimio and then there's this....I'm sold!

attachment.php?attachmentid=34889

Here is the first official photo of David Harbour as Hellboy

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

New Red-Band Trailer

The film has been officially rated R.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Screen Anarchy has a review of the 2019 Hellboy movie here - https://screenanarchy.com/2019/04/review-this-hellboy-may-be-fresh-out-of-the-inferno-but-hes-still-half-baked.html   "This Hellboy is the kind of film that, even though you know it's not good on any significant level, you almost have to feel sorry for a lot of the people involved.  Harbour's performance doesn't have the same kind of affable charm that Ron Perlman brought to the character, but he does fairly well with the material he's given, and on the odd opportunity he gets to emote, he acquits himself well.  Marshall delivers the kind of brutal ultraviolence that he was expected to bring to the project, but the lack of weight of any of the character's decisions and the overuse of shoddy CG in implementing the carnage undermines everything."

• Like 2

I'm not blaming David Harbour on this one. He actually made the most of a film that had a shoddy story and some very cheesy ass CGI effects that look like they came from the late 90's early 2000's. As much as I like Daniel Dae Kim as Ben Daimio in human form, the were-jaguar scenes were so bad it looked like I was watching "An American 'Were-Jaguar' in Paris" it was that level of CGI crap that we were stuck with. IMO, David Harbour to Hellboy is like Dolph Lundgren to the Punisher....both made the most of crap executions. 

• Like 3