Little Dragon: Movie Scripted By Shannon/Linda Lee

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

20f02df71ec8907b4f36d9cbd27c6cb7.jpg

Another bio/bruceploitation picture?.

From what little I've read about this project, it will be filmed in China and Malaysia?. With a script by Shannon Lee and Linda Lee Cadwell.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phantom Dreamer

The last thing I want to see is another Bruce Lee biopic, especially one that focuses on his teenage years. 

DragonClaws
15 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

The last thing I want to see is another Bruce Lee biopic, especially one that focuses on his teenage years. 

If the movie is a succes, they can make a sequel based on his adult years too.

We already have the definitive Bruce Lee the early years bio pic.

189174-bruce-king-of-kung-fu-0-230-0-345

With the big demand for T.V/On Demand content, I thought they may have gone for the T.V series option.

Mike Leeder

is anyone else as worried that the last Bruce Lee project for Film or TV approved by the Bruce Lee Estate was the oh so accurate LEGEND OF BRUCE LEE for CCTV< i fear we're looking at more of the same...

The Bruce Lee biopics have been done to death and they always play fast and loose with the facts like Rob Cohen's Dragon, I really don't see the appeal anymore.....

This is stupid, Robert and Phoebe Lee already did this (and they were actually with Bruce during this time).

3 hours ago, makone said:

This is stupid, Robert and Phoebe Lee already did this (and they were actually with Bruce during this time).

In Shannon Lee's version, Robert, Phoebe and opium doesn't exist.   

Shannon's only contribution to her dad's memory was Enter the Eagles. ;)

On 5/8/2017 at 11:37 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Same here. I want to see a movie, in real time, that takes place in the last 2 hours of July 20, 1973.

This stuff is actually harming the Bruce Lee legacy, over the last few years i've become so disinterested in the Lee Estate projects and the version of Bruce that they've created that I hardly watch or read anything about him anymore and judging from other comments on here I think others feel the same. It's unlikely that i'll ever watch this.

DragonClaws
59 minutes ago, andy338 said:

This stuff is actually harming the Bruce Lee legacy, over the last few years i've become so disinterested in the Lee Estate projects and the version of Bruce that they've created that I hardly watch or read anything about him anymore and judging from other comments on here I think others feel the same. It's unlikely that i'll ever watch this.

I feel the same.

These projects are surely for the new fans who haven't been exposed to all the bio pics yet. There's so many bio films now, it could almost be another bruceploitation sub genre in itself.

13 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I feel the same.

These projects are surely for the new fans who haven't been exposed to all the bio pics yet. There's so many bio films now, it could almost be another bruceploitation sub genre in itself.

Come on man, you mean to tell me you don't want a pair of signed and #'s boxing gloves that say "Be Like Water"??  

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, mpm74 said:

Come on man, you mean to tell me you don't want a pair of signed and #'s boxing gloves that say "Be Like Water"??  

I'd prefer the signed weightlifting bench, and the Bruce Lee energy drinks to help enhance my nunchaku skills.

The movie that I am really waiting for is: Birth of the Baby Dragon. The first two hours of his birth; including his exit from the womb, kicking and screaming. Then, they could do a double-feature of his last two hours, called Death of the Dragon: The "true" story of how Bruce really died at home and not in the clutches of Betty Ting Pei. Script by Linda and Shannon Lee, the women who knew him best. Great times ahead, people! We should all be thankful and grateful that mom and daughter Lee are provideding us with this new shit great insight into the life of BL. 

Well, all they had to do was wait it out so that all the people that really knew him have passed so they could write whatever drivel they wanted to about him and the world would eat it up. 

And, personally, I just want some of that BL cologne. Or, some personally signed BL underoos.

Anyhoo, the only BL biopic that I thought actually may have been based on BL`s real life was the movie that his brother, Robert made. I have no idea if it was 100% true or not but it seemed more down-to-earth than the other BS made about him. Only the fight at the end seemed tacked on to me. My advice to Shannon and Linda would be to let Robert tell his side of things that he was around for and the Lee`s can continue to spin their side of things. I wonder what Bruce would think of all this BS that has came about in his name, even from his own wife and child? There is no way that Shannon could have known her father that well, as she had just turned 4 when he died. 

Phantom Dreamer

Didn't Bruce Lee later regret coming up with the name "Jeet Kune Do"? Bruce Lee sought fame, no question, but I can only imagine he would not be pleased the way his wife and daughter, especially Shannon, have licensed his name and likeness over the years.

masterofoneinchpunch
9 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Didn't Bruce Lee later regret coming up with the name "Jeet Kune Do"? ...

Yes.  I don't have the direct quote with me (and it is probably filtered through John Little), but "the [way of the] intercepting fist" was too limiting for his taste.  He preferred something more abstract.  I'm suspecting that he would have liked something similar to the Portuguese Vale Tudo (translated meaning anything goes). 

DragonClaws
5 minutes ago, masterofoneinchpunch said:

Yes.  I don't have the direct quote with me (and it is probably filtered through John Little), but "the [way of the] intercepting fist" was too limiting for his taste.  He preferred something more abstract.  I'm suspecting that he would have liked something similar to the Portuguese Vale Tudo (translated meaning anything goes). 

He'd also closed down all his Jeet Kune Do schools before he got into films right?. I'v read that he thought he'd created the very thing he was opposed to in the begining, which was a set style/routines or classical mess as he called it. Jeet Kune Do is now a brand and it's a profitable one. The one person I'd love to chat to on this subect is Dan Inosanto. It's funny how BL never actually wrote a definitive book on JKD. Yet there's dozens of books being released on the style, none of which mention he was starting to think differently about the whole thing before he passed away.

According to Dragon The BL Sotry, the book below was written by Lee, while he recovered from his back injury. It wasn't released until after his death, he wrote the content by never actually authorized its editing/release.

tao-of-jeet-kune-do-by-bruce-lee.jpeg?wi

masterofoneinchpunch
45 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

He'd also closed down all his Jeet Kune Do schools before he got into films right?. I'v read that he thought he'd created the very thing he was opposed to in the begining, which was a set style/routines or classical mess as he called it. Jeet Kune Do is now a brand and it's a profitable one. The one person I'd love to chat to on this subect is Dan Inosanto. It's funny how BL never actually wrote a definitive book on JKD. Yet there's dozens of books being released on the style, none of which mention he was starting to think differently about the whole thing before he passed away.

According to Dragon The BL Sotry, the book below was written by Lee, while he recovered from his back injury. It wasn't released until after his death, he wrote the content by never actually authorized its editing/release.

tao-of-jeet-kune-do-by-bruce-lee.jpeg?wi

You can think of the book as a collection of notes put together instead of a cohesive whole.  Still worth reading though.  But yeah I am always wary of posthumous books (hey there's a new one from Michael Crichton)/essays/etc...  You always have to take the content judiciously.

I believe he closed down the schools for a variety of reason: more one-on-one instruction, too busy with movies/writing/tv/research etc... and the reasons you mentioned.  Now given his temperament I do wonder what he would have done next in terms of instruction, books etc... (one of the million dollar questions involving Lee.) 

Bruce Lee had given up writing on his second book (which later got pushed into several releases; I reviewed those) and thought of a more abstract approach (which was appropriated in the book above.)  Lee was pragmatic so he was more in tune with whatever got the results done (one of the reasons he advocated eye pokes and groin strikes with abandon; especially in a life or death situation; he poked more eyes than Moe Howard.)

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, masterofoneinchpunch said:

Lee was pragmatic so he was more in tune with whatever got the results done (one of the reasons he advocated eye pokes and groin strikes with abandon; especially in a life or death situation; he poked more eyes than Moe Howard.)

The eyes are one weakness that everyone has wether their small, medium sized or built like Dave Bautista.

1 hour ago, masterofoneinchpunch said:

Now given his temperament I do wonder what he would have done next in terms of instruction, books etc... (one of the million dollar questions involving Lee.) 

Would have been interesting to see just what he would have done in terms of books and his thoughts on self defence. Especially as he got older and was less physically able.

Phantom Dreamer

So, I guess this thing is really happening. Why don't they just CGI Bruce Lee's teen face on some dude instead? The old "Johnnie Walker" technique.

DAkz-u6XcAEG8lG.jpg

God, it`s really happening! Seriously? Not enough face palms to cover this! Makes me think of my favorite Charlton Heston quote: "...Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"! :monk_concerned:

It might be interesting if it is about his early Wing Chun days, etc. But, I thought that a lot of his life was already well represented by Bruce Lee, My Brother. It would be nice if it will contain real information about Bruce, like this:

But, probably will end up more like Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. My opinion is, let Bruce`s mother and family/friends tell the story of when he was younger. After all, they were actually there.

DragonClaws
9 hours ago, reason108 said:

But, probably will end up more like Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. My opinion is, let Bruce`s mother and family/friends tell the story of when he was younger. After all, they were actually there.

Now I read in one of the Bruce Lee books I have(cant recall the title at the momnet). That Bruce Lee could swim, but after the incident with his sister he choose not to. The version of events I heard, was Lee bated/teased his sister and she held his head under the water inthe swimming pool. This naturally put him off, as she held his head undr a bit too long.

Phantom Dreamer
19 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Now I read in one of the Bruce Lee books I have(cant recall the title at the momnet). That Bruce Lee could swim, but after the incident with his sister he choose not to. The version of events I heard, was Lee bated/teased his sister and she held his head under the water inthe swimming pool. This naturally put him off, as she held his head undr a bit too long.

Mito Uyehara discusses more about the "Here Come the Brides" episode in "Bruce Lee The Incomparable Fighter": 

“An actor's job can be boring, exciting, exhausting, funny and sometimes cv.cn dangerous," Bruce Lee conce said to me. “I remember that time when we were filming Here Come the Brides for television, during one scene I had to ride a horse which I had never done in my life. Actually, I'd never seen one real close up either. The only horses I'd ever seen were in movies and television. “When the director asked me if I had ever ridden one, I replied negatively and showed some apprehension because he quickly smiled and said, "Don't worry about it, the animal we've got is real tame." "After his comment, I felt less concerned until I saw what the horse looked like closeup." It was ironic, here's a guy who fears no man but just the sight of the horse made him shudder, “Holy shit!" Bruce blurted out, “I’m not gonna ride that damn thing; it's too big." After several minutes of the director's pleading and the reassuring words from the rest of the crew that the animal was very gentle, Bruce finally agreed to go along. “At first the horse was real gentle. As I was helped on it, it just stood motionless. One of the guys took time to explain how to control the horse but while the other guys kept yelling that I really don't need it as the horse was extremely friendly. “As soon as the guy completed his instruction and stepped away, the damn horse took off. I grabbed the damn rope and kept pulling it but the horse kept going. I started to yell, "Whoa!" but the damn horse never listened. It must have been traveling about 40 miles an hour. “When it finally stopped, I was far down the field. I got off as fast as I could and was ready to throw stones at it. I walked back to the shooting site and the damn horse was already there waiting for me. When the guys saw me—how pissed off I was—they started to laugh. I was so mad, I couldn't laugh. I swore I would never ride a horse again, but that director got me to ride it for several more takes. He said that he couldn't find a stand-in for me. That bastard." Bruce appraised the crew as pretty good. “I got along pretty well with them jokers," he said. Sometimes, the stunt an actor had to perform seemed awfully silly. For instance, in the same episode, Bruce had to rescue Sally Field from drowning. Bruce was told to jump into the water and carry her out. "When the director yelled, "Action!' I did too much action. I ran across the dock and leaped as hard as I could and landed too far away from her by at least ten feet. Before the second take the director warned me that I had to jump closer to her and, since the water was only three-feet deep, I'd better bend my knees. “I was supposed to be the hero,” he laughed, "and had to save her from drowning. To make it look realistic, I had to lower my body till the water was just below my chin—as if I'm in deep water."

"Sally Field", LMFAO, Mito, not all white women look alike.

Archived