Classic Bashers...do you prefer?....

shukocarl

shukocarl

One on one fights or One against many....?

For me it's one against many (except if it's a really good one on one like say...Yu Young Vs Pigtail Lang in "Fists of the Double K" lol):BL-Laughing:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
21 hours ago, shukocarl said:

For me it's one against many (except if it's a really good one on one like say...Yu Young Vs Pigtail Lang in "Fists of the Double K" lol)

I'd say both, just becuase I like both equally to be honest. Sometimes the group brawls are better than the one on one fights, and vice versa. Love Cheung Nik's double nunchaku fight in Kung Fu The Headcrusher(1972), it may just have the edge on the final one on one fight between Chan Sing and San Kui. The finale of Kung Fu The Invisible Fist(1972) is also a real killer fight too, Yusuaki Kurata and Chan Sing going all out. The final brawl in  Furious Slaughter with Jimmy Wang Yu facing off against multiple attackers is equally as impressive.

I think I prefer one against many.Jackie Chan has had great one on one(Hwang jang lee,Dick wei,Benny the jet)but I always loved what preceded them,the manic stuff,the jumping around and avoiding multiple attackers.I also loved it when the villain had to fight two or more in the finale like Wang lung wei against Ko Fei and Leung Kar yan in Fearless dragons?

either will do. :D

also nice to see some early forms in old bashers like this one here by master chan sui pang. :D 

DragonClaws
On 03/05/2017 at 11:13 PM, shukocarl said:

One on one fights or One against many....?

For me it's one against many (except if it's a really good one on one like say...Yu Young Vs Pigtail Lang in "Fists of the Double K" lol)

There's a lot of basher movies I've yet to see, which one's would you/others consider to be the best?.

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

There's a lot of basher movies I've yet to see, which one's would you/others consider to be the best?.

This should give you some solid viewing recommendations - 

For me Jimmy Wang Yu is the king of bashers, so without hesitation I'd recommend 'Knight Errant' and 'The Chinese Boxer'.

'Knight Errant' in particular has a fantastic finale of Wang Yu vs. Yasuaki Kurata, the two really go at it furiously, it's a joy to watch.

DragonClaws
4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

For me Jimmy Wang Yu is the king of bashers, so without hesitation I'd recommend 'Knight Errant' and 'The Chinese Boxer'

Picked up The Chinese Boxer on VHS years ago, butnever had the chance to see Knight Errant.

Which Jimmy Wang Yu basher features the fight where he's taking on a Karate fighter on the back of a train?. If I recall rightly, the fight starts on the ground but moves onto the empty cargo carriages of a train.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Picked up The Chinese Boxer on VHS years ago, butnever had the chance to see Knight Errant.

Which Jimmy Wang Yu basher features the fight where he's taking on a Karate fighter on the back of a train?. If I recall rightly, the fight starts on the ground but moves onto the empty cargo carriages of a train.

Wang Yu - King of Boxers(HK) or Ten Fingers of Steel(UK), or The Screaming Tiger (US)....is where he fights Lung Fei on the train...insane basher goodness! :-)

DragonClaws
20 hours ago, shukocarl said:

Wang Yu - King of Boxers(HK) or Ten Fingers of Steel(UK), or The Screaming Tiger (US)....is where he fights Lung Fei on the train...insane basher goodness! :-)

Cheers dude.

1973+-+Wang+Yu%252C+King+of+Boxers+-+Tan

One of the best.........end fight

but poor quality almost fully intact version 

Good quality but badly cut in what language?

Full feature full frame in Mandarin with English subtitled

DragonClaws
28 minutes ago, Kwok Choi said:

Good quality but badly cut in what language?

Sounds like German to me, and its probably sourced from old heavily cut British theatrical print?. Sadly some pre-cut versions of these film screened in countries, where they would normally have passed UNCUT.

It's a real shame, as the clip looks fantastic compared to the print I watched, which is closer to the first video you posted.

5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Sounds like German to me, and its probably sourced from old heavily cut British theatrical print?. Sadly some pre-cut versions of these film screened in countries, where they would normally have passed UNCUT.

It's a real shame, as the clip looks fantastic compared to the print I watched, which is closer to the first video you posted.

i remember reading somewhere that they could show uncut kf movies back then in members only cinemas no idea if there is any truth to this though? hmmm.gif

german 35mm sadly cut by six minutes think the fullscreen comes from the videoasia release.

one armed is right jimmy's bashers deliver the goods.

DragonClaws
15 hours ago, lungfei said:

i remember reading somewhere that they could show uncut kf movies back then in members only cinemas no idea if there is any truth to this though? hmmm.gif

This might have happened, they used to screen banned movies at these clubs, so it wouldnt surprise me. The Bruce Lee movie were being shown in Chinatown cinemas UNCUT at the time, they just in the original language with no subtitles or dubbing.

nice uk quad for king of boxers

s-l1600.jpg

On 7/15/2017 at 11:22 AM, DragonClaws said:

This might have happened, they used to screen banned movies at these clubs, so it wouldnt surprise me. The Bruce Lee movie were being shown in Chinatown cinemas UNCUT at the time, they just in the original language with no subtitles or dubbing.

wonder if they would have been in cantonese or mandarin those kung fu trailers of fury trailers have taiwanese movies dubbed in cantonese never saw that before only ever what sounds like redubs for vhs like for this one starring chang yi

DragonClaws
17 hours ago, lungfei said:

wonder if they would have been in cantonese or mandarin those kung fu trailers of fury trailers have taiwanese movies dubbed in cantonese never saw that before only ever what sounds like redubs for vhs like for this one starring chang yi

Not sure what language they would have been dubbed for the British Chinatown audiences.

Something Toby Russel or Ricky Baker might be able to answer?.

I just watched a good basher with a little bit of both one on one and one against many. 1982's I Want to be a Good Person

It's a modern day one with Wong Goon-Hung, Chen Hung-Lieh, Chen Sing, Mark Long and Lung Fei.

DragonClaws
21 minutes ago, HyperDrive said:

I just watched a good basher with a little bit of both one on one and one against many. 1982's I Want to be a Good Person

It's a modern day one with Wong Goon-Hung, Chen Hung-Lieh, Chen Sing, Mark Long and Lung Fei.

Never knew they were still using the full on basher style as late as 1982, interesting. With Chan Sing and a strong supporting cast,  I'll have watch this one day.

30 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Never knew they were still using the full on basher style as late as 1982, interesting. With Chan Sing and a strong supporting cast,  I'll have watch this one day.

can't remember proper but there was a few of these in the early 80s dc green killer,handsome vagabond and blood brothers are three that come to mind.

Archived