Brush With Danger (2015) - Livi Zheng, Ken Zheng, Norman Newkirk

AlbertV

I've never heard of this but I was looking through Vision Films' website (they will be releasing Death Fighter aka White Tiger later this year) and came across this. It stars and is directed by Livi Zhang:

BrushWithDanger_WebLg.jpg

Determined to make their way in a new world, two siblings take to the city streets to display their talents in martial arts and painting. A mysterious art dealer takes interest in the street performers, and they soon find themselves living the dream. After being conned by their patron to forge a Van Gogh masterpiece, and forced into underground fight rings, the two find themselves deeply embroiled in a criminal underworld. They must now fight their way back to freedom.

Has anyone seen this?

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

One Armed Boxer

Jeez Albert, you sure have a talent for finding this stuff, first 'Bound by Debt', & now 'Brush with Danger'!

Just goes to prove that anyone can use their iPhone video & make a movie these days. Don't think I could be paid to watch this.

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude
3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Jeez Albert, you sure have a talent for finding this stuff, first 'Bound by Debt', & now 'Brush with Danger'!

Just goes to prove that anyone can use their iPhone video & make a movie these days. Don't think I could be paid to watch this.

That he does! :wink

I'd sooner watch this than Bound By Debt. It looks a little better to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

That he does! :wink

I'd sooner watch this than Bound By Debt. It looks a little better to me.

This one just came by chance, but I'd check this out...even if some reviews I heard aren't exactly great. I'd watch both this a BBD just for the hell of it. If I can survive Dr. Z's movies (which I did) then this is easy breezy ;)

• Like 3

A brother and sister illegally immigrate to the US because she was involved in something back in China that has the authorities looking for her. (A plot point that is never explained.) They are both martial artists, and she is pursuing her dream to be a painter. Street performing & serendipitous events leads them to a crooked art dealer who has her paint a forgery of a lost Van Gogh painting, while her brother is coaxed into participating into illegal fighting. 

I like the plot premise. That's about the best aspect of the movie. The acting is campy and a little over the top at times. And the comedy doesn't work because the delivery is wooden. Action wise, it just doesn't quite make the grade. The potential is there, but it's pretty standard fare and lacks in Wow! moments. I'm curious as to if Livi and Ken are brother and sister in real life. He wrote the script & she directed the movie. Is this like a sibling vanity project? Clean up the language and this could a Hallmark MA movie. Except there's no romance.

• Like 3