The Meg (2018) Jason Statham VS Giant Shark

DragonClaws

sifu iron perm
17 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Un-fucking-believable.... you just did it again. This is either some really advanced trolling or you are mentally unstable, in which case, I'm sorry. And you should probably seek professional help instead of trying to fuck with people online.

😅

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the movie is only half as entertaining as the conversations taking place here I'm sold! :tongueout

BTW, if you're looking for a great shark movie check out The Shallows with Blake Lively...

One Armed Boxer
On 8/24/2018 at 5:50 AM, robbie said:

I never do spellcheck or auto correct . You need it more than I do.

If you mean I need it to understand your posts, then yes, fully agree.

I also never deleted any real digs, the guy was stirring.

Then don't delete them.

Where was this type of review style  when buybust was up on cityonfire. I saw alot of  faults on that and i only saw the trailer.

Here's the thing which you fail to comprehend in literally ever single thread you post in.  A review is simply someone's opinion.  I write for COF, but personally my thoughts on 'BuyBust' are much more in line with Andrew Mack's review over at screenanarchy.  Do you see me making a big fuss about it, and picking out every line I don't agree with to make what you refer to as a 'debate'?  No, because I respect that people have different opinions, and am secure enough to know that it doesn't mean I have to go and repeat myself 100 times explaining why I disagree with it.

20 hours ago, Koravec said:

I just saw this movie yesterday and was planning a relatively douschey review on it myself, should I reconsider or post it as I planned?

Please post your thoughts!  I always enjoy reading other peoples thoughts on movies I've seen, so it'd be great to hear yours.

20 hours ago, Koravec said:

If we're only looking for a synopsis than we could just refer to the product page or trailer.

Completely agree with this.  For me if a review has more than one, two tops, paragraphs dedicated to the plot, I tend to stop reading.

Going into this film I didnt really know what to expect, I guess I figured it would be like the Godzilla remake but with a shark. Maybe thats what we got, I dont know (I didnt watch godzilla). However I was hoping it would lean a little more towards that aspect, of the shark actually destroying a lot more than it did, and upping the ante on the sharks capabilities. 

What we did get however was what felt like a direct to television syfy special, with the exception of a few scenes that were noticeably higher budget (scenes that probably could have been executed on a smaller budget with cgi). 

I wasnt aware of the cast going into this film. As soon as they introduced the character played by Rainn Wilson, clearly emphasising the actor imo, I could tell the movie was going to be bad (I love the Office). 

The best part of the movie is when we get to see the underwater marine base, which is really cool and inspired. Do scientific institutions like this actually exist?

We see one if the first deaths as a guy is in the shuttle and shuts it closed on himself. The shout he screams as hes about to get hit by the meg is hilarious. They couldnt have done a less humorous retake? From this we could gather that the tone of the film is supposed to be humorous. All of the following deaths are substantially funny, idiotic and would have been easily prevented. Further, jokes are made (highly unfunny ones at that) right after people die, comedy put in place of their friends. Its a bit disgraceful, if you enjoyed the humor in Antman then maybe youll enjoy the similarly awful comedic style here. Not to mention the highly annoying "hey mickie" asian cover played twice throughout the movie.

Jason Stathams performance is over the top and irritating as hell. Ruby Rose's screen presence is near cringe worthy in everything shes in, though I cant help but like seeing her in different things at times. Dwights character is disrespected for bad reasons. The scene where they boat speeds off and he flips off the back is hysterical. As far as the movie goes none of the well-known cast members even have a reason to star in this. 

All in all, the movie is mostly a waste of time in my opinion, but I have to consider the times it made me crack up laughing. Which for the reason alone may of made the movie worth watching. Though in between (unintentional?) funny scenes are long generic boring ones. The scene where the asian girl walks into Statham changing clothes and weirdly peeking through the window afterward is one of the worst Ive seen.

If your in the mood for a silly shark movie (or want to see a cool underwater science base), this one may be as good as any other. Oherwise Id advise you skip it.

Caught this last week, since I wasn't able to see Mile 22. Again, only paid about 8 bucks a ticket. Wasn't expecting much, but I was really there for Robert Taylor of Longmire- and yes I am a huge fan of that show. If you're not expecting much, then it's a go. It's a typical action movie where you see the hero take on the odds, so I guess it works. I thought it was alright, especially since I didn't have to pay for much. Let me get this out there, I'm not too much of a Statham fan, I don't like the persona he usually pulls off (only Seagal could lmfao) and make it enjoyable to me. 

Honestly, I thought Li Bingbing was a bit annoying. If it weren't for her, Statham would've had a better chance of saving the three members. Oh well, I guess that's just how life works.

The Meg is getting a 4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD release on November 13, 2018 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.  Extras and Tech. Specs include Dolby Atmos Audio Track, "Making of the Meg", "Creating the Beast", and optional English, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles for the movie.  Looks like there's no 3D release for the U.S.  Info at - https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=24012    

13 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Looks like there's no 3D release for the U.S. 

It looks like both Best Buy and Amazon have the 3D version listed.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-meg-includes-digital-copy-3d-blu-ray-dvd-blu-ray-blu-ray-3d-dvd-2018/6299809.p?skuId=6299809

https://www.amazon.com/Meg-Blu-ray-Jon-Turtletaub/dp/B07G1YNCPD/ref=ice_ac_b_dpb_twi_blu_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1538575877&sr=1-1&keywords=the+meg

Personally I am going for the Best Buy 4K UHD Steelbook.

Warner Bros. releases The Meg on 4K-UHD, Blu-ray, DVD and digital on November 13, 2018.  Info here - https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Meg-Blu-ray/206044/

Also, "Producers of this summer's monster U.S.-China co-production 'The Meg' are expecting a sequel to the shark blockbuster to emerge from the deep, they said Tuesday in Los Angeles... 'It's still very early stages right now, but we're working or starting to work on it.  We'd like to keep it a secret at this time,' [The Meg's executive producer Catherine Xujun Ying] said."  "The Meg is now the highest grossing Sino-American co-production in history, hauling in $528 million as of last weekend, surpassing 'Kung Fu Panda 3,' which brought in $521 million at the box office... Talks are now underway to develop theme park attractions in China, Ying said.  'Hopefully China will have the first Jurassic aquarium,' without further elaboration."  From https://variety.com/2018/film/asia/meg-develops-franchise-sequel-theme-parks-1203015679/  

If The Meg becomes a theme park attraction, it will probably be at the aquatic theme park in Shanghai.  More about the theme park here - https://variety.com/2018/biz/asia/shanghai-haichang-ocean-park-1203030420/

I watched this last night. Surprisingly, it wasn't terrible. But it certainly wasn't good. I don't understand why they didn't have the shark kill more people. For a giant shark movie, it's the least threatening giant shark I've ever seen. It felt like more whales died in this film that humans.

The action was fun for the most part and while the film did take itself a little seriously at times, it still had a very campy vibe to it. I won't be in a rush to watch it again but it was more fun than I'd imagined.

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I watched this last night. Surprisingly, it wasn't terrible. But it certainly wasn't good. I don't understand why they didn't have the shark kill more people. For a giant shark movie, it's the least threatening giant shark I've ever seen. It felt like more whales died in this film that humans.

The studiosinvolved must have wanted it to get a low rating, so they can get as many bums on seats as possible.

Archived