The Meg (2018) Jason Statham VS Giant Shark

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Thought we already a thread for this movie, but it appears to have been a casuality of the technical problems the forum had.

Statham with co-star Lee Bingbing on the set of Meg.

first-photo-statham-li-bingbing-in-meg.j

Statham says shark movie is "really good...apparently" Link- http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/meg/44534/meg-statham-says-shark-movie-is-really-good-apparently

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official release date for The Meg is August 10th, 2018.  The Megalodon is the largest shark that ever existed.  Some believe it's still out there, feeding on humpback whales.  

DragonClaws
4 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Some believe it's still out there, feeding on humpback whales.

It might be, the most unexplored parts of the planet are it's many oceans, and while I dont know the exact percentage, there's a lot more water than land.

The film looks fun, nice to see a big pop corn movie thats not driven purely by Marvel or D.C characters.

looks good . i liked death race. i was not a fan of statham before then  and wrote him off . but compared to alot he is better

Drunken Monk

While I wish Statham would stick to fisticuffs, this looks like big, silly fun. I won't run out to the cinema to watch it but it might be worthy of a weekend watch when it finally makes its way to streaming services.

This is probably the  film I am most looking forward to this year . Hopefully it will be another classic like mechanic resurrection. 

Loved this film. . .  i thought the cgi was good and  doubt Eli Roth would have done a better job.  Maybe it was more in the tradition of  sharknado than jaws but i found it more entertaining than both. I think most people enjoyed it. That's why it's taken $300 million in 2 weeks. This was more in the action / adventure realm than horror.   Hopefully they  will  add the r rated stuff to bluray then it will be one of best films of all time.  

Here are parts of your reviews i disagreed with. 

Nothing wrong with a person thanking him from being rescued  and him replying your welcome. This is how people usually react in England where i am from ,especially if not know person too well. We do not need to turn into gangsta rappers  and start swearing   or crying like a little girl  . .  So extra mark for that.

Also this is an A movie not a B movie . Budget is  too high . (There is no such thing as high budget B movie). Comparing it or saying it's a B movie is Just an attemp to have a dig at a quality film 

I also agree with Li bingbing  on the waste of  using the shark fin   for soup. . I like Tomato soup and chicken soup but shark fin soup does not really appeal to me. I have never even  seen  any shark fin soup at local supermarket, so why bother, let the shark keep its fin .  Again extra mark for that. 

My rating is  9/10

TibetanWhiteCrane

Why do you keep bitching out and editing your post to make them less offensive? You do this almost every time. Are you not man enough to stand by your words, or do you just realise you're being a douche and then don't have the balls to be one?

I enjoyed this. A lot of fun, nice character humour and the action on the big screen was great. But will I rewatch? Nope. One of those easy to watch films that isn't worth adding to your collection 

15 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Why do you keep bitching out and editing your post to make them less offensive? You do this almost every time. Are you not man enough to stand by your words, or do you just realise you're being a douche and then don't have the balls to be one?

i stand by my words its just some of you lot get so offended and report my like little girls if  i say anything that can be deemed   mildly offensive . I have to keep it pg-13 like the meg  .So have to edit it. 

I am not bitching i just do not agree  with some points  of review which is fair.  Not being a douche all points are spot on. I won every debate hands down.

Last city on fire review  i saw was 9.5 for buybust and the action looked so sloppy but  what do i know.   

TibetanWhiteCrane

Who's asking you to edit or report you? Not me. I wish you left your posts as they are so everyone can see what you're about. 

Even that post is edited. And bitching out doesn't mean bitching as in complaining. 

40 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Who's asking you to edit or report you? Not me. I wish you left your posts as they are so everyone can see what you're about. 

Even that post is edited. And bitching out doesn't mean bitching as in complaining. 

I do not mind editing posts . 

One Armed Boxer
22 hours ago, robbie said:

Comparing it or saying it's a B movie is Just an attemp to have a dig at a quality film

See I never did believe what any of these fellas said about you, turns out you're a bright spark after all.

Loved this film. . .  i thought the cgi was good

You hate wires but enjoy CGI sharks, I respect that.

Nothing wrong with a person thanking him from being rescued  and him replying your welcome. This is how people usually react in England where i am from ,especially if not know person too well. We do not need to turn into gangsta rappers  and start swearing   or crying like a little girl  . .  So extra mark for that.

Spoken like a true Romanian.  On a side note, I'd recommend switching the auto-correct which frequently screws up your grammar from Romanian to English, then what you want to say will likely be a lot more clear.

1 hour ago, robbie said:

i stand by my words its just some of you lot get so offended and report my like little girls if  i say anything that can be deemed   mildly offensive . I have to keep it pg-13 like the meg  .So have to edit it. 

I assume the comments you deleted were aimed at me based on the rest of the post, so please don't feel the need to edit on my part, I can handle anything you throw my way.

1 hour ago, robbie said:

I won every debate hands down.

You've lost me on this point though, is this relating to comments which have been edited?  What debates are you referring to?

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, robbie said:

I do not mind editing posts . 

Un-fucking-believable.... you just did it again. This is either some really advanced trolling or you are mentally unstable, in which case, I'm sorry. And you should probably seek professional help instead of trying to fuck with people online.

4 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Un-fucking-believable.... you just did it again. This is either some really advanced trolling or you are mentally unstable, in which case, I'm sorry. And you should probably seek professional help instead of trying to fuck with people online.

You should think about going back and editing your posts as well mate.

Drunken Monk

$300 millions on a $130 million budget (before marketing costs). I haven't seen the film yet but something tells me we're going to see The Meg 2: Even Meggier at some point. It looks like lowbrow cinema is still something the general public loves.

I'll probably give this a watch eventually. I thoroughly enjoy films like Deep Rising and The Shallows. I even watched Deep Blue Sea the other week and got a kick out of it.

5 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

See I never did believe what any of these fellas said about you, turns out you're a bright spark after all.

You hate wires but enjoy CGI sharks, I respect that.

Spoken like a true Romanian.  On a side note, I'd recommend switching the auto-correct which frequently screws up your grammar from Romanian to English, then what you want to say will likely be a lot more clear.

I assume the comments you deleted were aimed at me based on the rest of the post, so please don't feel the need to edit on my part, I can handle anything you throw my way.

You've lost me on this point though, is this relating to comments which have been edited?  What debates are you referring to?

CGI  was descent in this   and it's usage is fine on this. How would you make a film about a 70 ft shark? A model shark would be difficult.  Comparing CGI in this to wirefu is crazy. Wirefu sucks because no martial artist past or present bounces over roof tops and spins like a tangled up spider. Nothing in the meg is as dumb as that.

But you and some others like to  insinuate that  I am stupid , illiterate & racist basically because I have laughed at a few of your favourite films .

I never do spellcheck or auto correct . You need it more than I do. 

I also never deleted any real digs, the guy was stirring. 

Where was this type of review style  when buybust was up on cityonfire. I saw alot of  faults on that and i only saw the trailer.

Hope you  get a few tins of shark fin soup free for that review.

Probably when it comes out on bluray they can do an r rated  blood red tomato soup version. 

The bickering has me laughing right now. 😂 I dont know any of the past remarks between anyone to choose sides, but as of now I hope Robbie doesn't get booted off the site or anything. 

I just saw this movie yesterday and was planning a relatively douschey review on it myself, should I reconsider or post it as I planned? Im honestly still trying to find a good medium in terms of reviewing things, as Im new to it. Seems like a tough balance between entertaining and professional. To be honest too many reviewers on this site forget to add in their own bits of personality and opinions into their writing imo. As much as we should appriciate each other taking time to write about flicks for others to reference, we also should desire honest thoughts and outlooks. If we're only looking for a synopsis than we could just refer to the product page or trailer.

Archived