Cheung Lik, Cheung Nick, Chang Lee...

ThunderScore

J.J. Hayden
11 minutes ago, Boards Fight Back said:

I would, but I don't use Facebook. They always put me through these irritating "checkpoints" and then they disabled my account. 😎

LOL, I hear ya. Being kicked from FB is a badge of honour these days, it proves that you're not one of the insane wankers. FB is a total cess pool, I only created a new account for researching martial arts movie stuff, I've no interest in using it for anything else.

• Like 3

Boards Fight Back

Speaking of insane people, I get this Australian guy bothering me. I get told off on other forums for mentioning him, but he basically creates accounts on an anxiety help related forum that, for some reason, still exists. He also edits wikis to be subscribed to them, so he can go be annoying if he knows I've been busy contributing.

No moderators or staff of any sort log in there anymore. So maybe the owner just pays an annual hosting fee to keep it running. I don't know why he left it like that. 

Anyway, this lame troll has spammed all over the forum with multiple pseudonyms since the fall of 2021. This guy is 37 years old, and has a pretty weird YouTube channel as well, that I had to frequently report so many times for terms of service violations. Most of the garbage that's on it now is just childish nonsense. 

I've actually known this James guy since 2004, though. But I reside in Scotland, so he can only be annoying online.

Unfortunately, he knows my name and address. Other people found out my personal information thanks to him spamming it, or messaging them directly. He was also apparently contacting professionals I met for extra work in films. But the cops in Western Australia don't act on complaints from overseas callers. I know, because I tried it already.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Boards Fight Back said:

Could this be Cheung Lik's LinkedIn profile?

It mentions that he's been involved as a producer and chairman in the Hong Kong film industry, and it appears to be since around the time the guy we know stopped acting in martial arts movies, which was around the mid 80s.

https://hk.linkedin.com/in/cheung-ka-lik-37017950

I don't think that it's him. It doesn't look at all like him, and his Chinese name only has two characters on hkmdb : Zhang Li.

• Like 3

Am I the only one here to think that it's Chang Li on these screenshots ?

If so, he played in the series The General Nian Gen Yao alongside with Chen Hui Min (as Nian Gen Yao), Lily Li (as Nian Gen Yao's wife), Pai Piao (as the 4th Prince), Chiang Tao as one of the officer of the 14th Prince and Ching Miao as Kangxi. If it's really Chang Li, he plays the 14th Prince in the story.

vlcsnap-2023-12-04-20h41m33s873.png

vlcsnap-2023-12-04-20h58m15s368.png

vlcsnap-2023-12-04-20h58m25s420.png

• Like 4

Boards Fight Back

My mother sadly passed away in September, from the effects of CKD. She was fortunate enough to meet Jackie Chan in Hong Kong when she went there for a holiday, with my uncle and oldest sister. This was in 1989.

I showed her the ending to Karado: The Hong Kong Flash on the boat, with Bolo, and she said he went for a swim. Ha-ha.

We used to watch Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee movies a lot when I was young, and she also enjoyed seeing Sylvester Stallone blowing up the petrol station in First Blood.

It's true that the films you see when you're young always stick with you, long into adulthood.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

ShawAngela
3 hours ago, Boards Fight Back said:

My mother sadly passed away in September, from the effects of CKD. She was fortunate enough to meet Jackie Chan in Hong Kong when she went there for a holiday, with my uncle and oldest sister. This was in 1989.

I showed her the ending to Karado: The Hong Kong Flash on the boat, with Bolo, and she said he went for a swim. Ha-ha.

We used to watch Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee movies a lot when I was young, and she also enjoyed seeing Sylvester Stallone blowing up the petrol station in First Blood.

It's true that the films you see when you're young always stick with you, long into adulthood.

Sincere condolences. 

• Like 2

Boards Fight Back

Is there a version of Karado: The Kung Fu Flash with different dubbing? I find the voice acting in the Superior Younger cut to be very funny. Bolo Yeung (Tiger) keeps touching his moustache as well. Maybe it was glued on and tickly. And this line is amusing...

"He's a real romantic guy. Let's go and find him!" 😆

• Like 1

DragonClaws
On 5/7/2024 at 4:32 AM, Boards Fight Back said:

Is there a version of Karado: The Kung Fu Flash with different dubbing? I find the voice acting in the Superior Younger cut to be very funny. Bolo Yeung (Tiger) keeps touching his moustache as well. Maybe it was glued on and tickly. And this line is amusing...

"He's a real romantic guy. Let's go and find him!" 😆

One of my favourite old-school movies and not just for Bolo presence.

• Love 1