Batgirl (2022) - Leslie Grace, J.K. Simmons, Michael Keaton, Brendan Fraser

AlbertV

Big updates on the Batgirl film. Joss Whedon is no longer directing the film due to the obvious (Warner Bros. pretty much ended their relationship with Whedon from the Justice League fallout). The duo of Adil El Arbi and Billal Fallah (Bad Boys for Life) will be directing from a script by Christina Hobson (Birds of Prey). 

Today, it was announced that actor-singer Leslie Grace has scored the central role of Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl.

MV5BYTM3OWZhNTUtMzFmYy00NWZmLWJiYTYtNDNl

Source: https://deadline.com/2021/07/batgirl-leslie-grace-lands-role-in-warner-bros-dc-film-1234797608/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Well, I'll just through out that I wish they would quit the race swapping. Its insulting to the characters, to the fans, and to the minorities that they are basically saying," You cannot make it in this world unless you piggy-back off the name of a popular white character. You just aren't good enough on your own". But whatever, I'll still check it out and see what they do with this. 

• Like 5

Just a heads up. The film is bypassing a theatrical release and going straight to HBOMax.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

It's risky casting since Grace hasn't had a lot of big acting roles but I'm definitely interested in seeing what they do with this film. While the directors didn't quite pull off Bad Boys For Life in my eyes, they quite obviously have an eye for style and action cinema.

I read yesterday that this film will only have a moderate budget due to it being released straight to HBO max. So I'm even more interested to see what they do. 

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
18 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Well, I'll just through out that I wish they would quit the race swapping. Its insulting to the characters, to the fans, and to the minorities that they are basically saying," You cannot make it in this world unless you piggy-back off the name of a popular white character. You just aren't good enough on your own". But whatever, I'll still check it out and see what they do with this. 

I assume no-one but a few Klan members complained when Eartha Kitt played Catwoman?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I assume no-one but a few Klan members complained when Eartha Kitt played Catwoman?

I know nothing about the Klan friend, nor do I wish to. But I do know when an actor/actress doesn't look right for a part. And if you cannot see what's wrong with race-swapping, that is your own problem to reflect upon. Not mine to correct. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
12 hours ago, DarthKato said:

that is your own problem to reflect upon. Not mine to correct. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a fictional character and making them a different race, gender etc. It's all make believe. A black, gay, non-binary Superman makes no difference to the world. I think it's more of a you issue, if you can't stomach a Latinx Batgirl.

But hey, who's going to confess to being a smidgen racist?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a fictional character and making them a different race, gender etc. It's all make believe. A black, gay, non-binary Superman makes no difference to the world. I think it's more of a you issue, if you can't stomach a Latinx Batgirl.

But hey, who's going to confess to being a smidgen racist?

If the only argument you have is to accuse me of being “racist”, then you are pathetic. Damn, I thought people on here were better than that. Guess I was wrong. smh

Drunken Monk
On 7/24/2021 at 12:49 AM, DarthKato said:

If the only argument you have is to accuse me of being “racist”, then you are pathetic. Damn, I thought people on here were better than that. Guess I was wrong. smh

That's kinda what a racist would say.

Getting back to the movie, does everyone feel that Batgirl will be light in tone or do you think it will be darker like the upcoming The Batman?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

That's kinda what a racist would say.

Just stop the shit. I get it. You aren’t capable of talking things out like a decent human being so you just start throwing insults. You are no better than an animal throwing their own shit at someone. 

Drunken Monk
3 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

Just stop the shit. I get it. You aren’t capable of talking things out like a decent human being so you just start throwing insults. You are no better than an animal throwing their own shit at someone. 

I like how the guy coming across as a racist is trying to take the higher ground in this one. "You must be a simpleton! Let me sip my tea and tell you just how moronic you are. You know, just like the blacks!"

This isn't a battle I'm interested in. I can't say anymore than that, mate. If you don't like someone saying you sound racist, stop sounding racist. I'll end it here though. Let's just continue posting as usual or we'll end up getting this thread locked. No one wants that.

1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

I like how the guy coming across as a racist is trying to take the higher ground in this one. "You must be a simpleton! Let me sip my tea and tell you just how moronic you are. You know, just like the blacks!"

This isn't a battle I'm interested in. I can't say anymore than that, mate. If you don't like someone saying you sound racist, stop sounding racist. I'll end it here though. Let's just continue posting as usual or we'll end up getting this thread locked. No one wants that.

Nothing I said was racist. If you would stop and use your brain for a second, you would realize that. And if it’s “ not a battle you are interested in” then you need to stop accusing people of things when you don’t agree with them. Please just go back to Reddit where you belong. 

Drunken Monk

Your logic is hilarious. If I have to go back to Reddit (which I've never used), you have to go back to 4 Chan with the other racists.

Moderators, if you want to delete my posts from this thread, feel free. DarthKato knows what I think of his opinion early on in this thread and I don't think it needs to be drawn out. DarthKato, if you want to argue further, feel free to PM me.

BatgirlFL_marquee_61e2325d5971f5.6481995

Here is Leslie Grace donning the Batgirl outfit. And Michael Keaton has been confirmed to return as his iteration of Batman along with J.K. Simmons' Commissioner Gordon coming in as well. Brendan Fraser will play the villain Firefly

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/batgirl-photos-new-look-brendan-fraser-firefly/

• Like 2

Its dead. Cannot say I'm sorry about this. If was garbage from the very start and they knew it. Maybe now we will get a real Batgirl movie in the future that will do justice to the character. 

Batgirl Movie Not Releasing

Edited by DarthKato
  • Like 1

Batgirl-Keaton-Meeting.jpg

In a still revealed after the announcement of the project being dead, here is Batgirl meeting Michael Keaton's Batman. 

• Like 3