lone wolf/ shogon assassin

100pr00f

mmm ok...my q is....

what is the diff between shogon assassin 1, 2

and

the lone wolf...6 dvd set

now ive just seen both of the sa....and i wanted to know...is all 6 lone wolf all put in the 2 shogun assassin dvds

help me out.....

i realy want to know...cuz i might get the 6 dvd set

peace

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I believe that Shogun Assassin 1 is a compilation of LWOC 1-2. Havent seen Shogun Assassin 2, so cant comment what its a compilation of. But I have the LWOC Animiego 6 disc set and its the best DVD purchase I have EVER made. EVER!! Get it, now.:)

mmm do u know where i can get the 6 dvds at

they have them here in best buy and the mall

but they are 30 to 35 $ each

also ... the second movie starts

with them getting in a boat...he ties the cart on the back of the boat...and his son saves this lady's bag...

they found this lady later when she bites the tung off the guy the paid for her....and he helps her out

the end is were he defeats a whole army..and after that he faces a guy he had respect for...for bieng a true samuri

he cuts his head off in respect

and then wals away while this lady and her 2 gourds are watching him

now their is more to this.....

right

let me know...i love these movies

peace

Guest kungfusamurai

The films are available together as a set. Check around on the internet, like on Ebay or Amazon for people who are selling them fairly cheap. They're certainly cheaper than the $30 to $40 prices you've seen.

KFS

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I got mine off deepdiscountdvd.com when they first came out for @ $17 a disc. My local Hastings store has them for @ $20 each. I believe they were recently released all together as a Boxset by Animiego. Initial realease was single seperate discs. Probably cheaper to find them in the Boxset.

Guest limubai2000

I def recommend the boxset from Amazon which runs about $130 on Amazon but it contains all 6 films. You can probably find it cheaper on the web if you shop around.

The Shogun Assassin films are worth viewing IMHO as they are a trimmed down version of the first 3 films but aren't nearly as good after you've seen the normal versions.

Yes there is more to it, you really need to watch all 6 to really get the whole story. Everytime I watch them I learn something new.

Guest POLE MASTER

where are you based i have the full 6 discs but i am in the uk

i will copy them perfectly for u for a very resanably ammount if you want pay thru paypall

that place looks good

but regien unknown so im gussing its 0

also dosnt say if its subed

im in marland ...usa

i want originals tho

but if i cant find non copys for good pay ill come to u ok

peace

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

deepdiscountdvd.com is a legit online retailer. The versions they sell are the legit remastered/subbed Animeigo discs. I know because I got all 6 of my discs off them (deepdiscountdvd.com).

Guest ShaofuSage

I'm gonna try to answer your question, 100pr00f, regarding the shogun assassin 1 and 2 vs. the Lone wolf and cub films. I'm pretty sure that Shogun Assassin 1 is a combination of the first 2 films in the Baby Cart/Lone Wolf and Cub series. Shogun Assassin 2, Lupine Wolf AKA Lightning Swords of Death I believe is another title for the 3rd film of the Lone Wolf series titled Baby Cart to Hades. The description you gave of Shogun Assassin 2 fits what I have in my possession titled Lupine Wolf. So, I would recommend you not buying the 3rd film in the Lone Wolf series because it is Shogun Assassin 2. If I'm mistaken, I would appreciate if someone would correct me.

BTW, the Shogun Assassin 2 film is my favorite out of the weird collection that I have. I also have the last of the Baby Cart films with the battle in the snow and another one where he takes on a bare breasted female assassin, not sure which one that is, plus the original Shogun Assassin.

Guest KClosson
The description you gave of Shogun Assassin 2 fits what I have in my possession titled Lupine Wolf. So, I would recommend you not buying the 3rd film in the Lone Wolf series because it is Shogun Assassin 2. If I'm mistaken, I would appreciate if someone would correct me.

What you said is essentially right. The movie Lupine Wolf (a nice redundant title) is the 3rd film we know as Lightning Swords of Death, but with english dubbing. Technically, there never really was a "Shogun Assassin 2". Although it is easy to understand why people refer to it that way. In the early 80's, the first two movies were edited together, dubbed, and with a new soundtrack. Then in the late 80's another different company took the third film and dubbed it. Othere than the dubbing I do not think there were any cuts or edits to it. It was released as Lupine Wolf.

The Lupine Wolf release was actually really great back in that time period considering how much we had available back then, but it is best to get the animeigo releases since they are the best.

KC

Archived