IZO

Guest Daisho2004

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Ive only had time to watch about half of it. I tried to watch it too late a few weekends ago and have yet to find time to finish. As far as I have seen so far, its deffinitely a Miike film! If your familiar with his work, youll know what I mean. It starts off basically where "Tenchu" ends. Both films are based on the same lead character (IZO). Its bloody and full of "what the F*" moments. After being executed, Izo's rage causes him to jump back and forth in time. Why? Im not sure, have not got that far yet. I beleive I read that its a commentary on violence, war & human nature. Its deffinitely one of those love it or hate it kinda films, as are most of Miike's. Its been both confusing and entertaining for me so far.

Guest melchevsky

This isn't a good movie.

There is a very confusing, probably intentionally so, story. It's kind of just meandering garbage. I like Miike, as much as anyone might, given that his output is all over the place, but I was very dissapointed with Izo.

Now then, I have no problem with wall to wall action in lieu of story, but it fails here. There is Shinsengumi, swat, other strange samurai, and it all looks great and you get excited, but then it's just mayhem, no choreography, just killing. It's not good swordplay it's just sloppy hacking.

Yeah, as much as the trailer or tagline may seem like it's all you could want, it really isn't.

Hope that helps.

Guest slaXor420

Rubbish.

But if you talk to a fanboy he till tell you that if you know about the history of the movie and characters it will excuse the terrible direction, acting, action, absurdity and pace of the film.

Guest Soda drink

man I have seen my fair share of Miike films...and I believe I am equally split between the hate it and love it of his films.

Garbage, absolute trash of a film is Izo! I don't know which ones worse this or Ichi. On second thought, nothing touches the crapperrific of Ichi the Killer.

I'm glad I was able to rent this movie. Thank goodness for Netflix because they saved me $15.

This movie was nothing but a crapfest. Every review on this fandom is spot on. There's no resolve to this movie no explanation for anything, pure crap.

Archived