Azumi and sky high

Guest sweetsword

Guest sweetsword

Hey! I just joined this forum site, thought I would say hello. I am about to buy two martial art movies. I was wondering if any one has watched "Azumi" and "Sky High", if you have, did yu like them? Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Hey, first of all Welcome!! Azumi is deffinitely worth a purchase. I would recommend renting Sky High first. I liked Sky High, but it was kinda slow moving. Not much action until the end. Both really stylish, but the action in Azumi was far superior. Also keep you eyes open for "Ultimate Versus" due out next week from also from Media Blasters.

Guest limubai2000

Azumi was great, I really liked it alot. Good action, good story and well filmed. Mogami is an exellent villain.

Azumi 2 was horrible in my opinion, not even close to the original.

Sky High, I have but not watched yet.

Versus, I thought was good but not all that.

Princess Blade, is good but very slow at parts.

Guest sweetsword

Thanks, for the welcome! I bought Azumi and sky high yesterday online, can't wait. I havn't seen Versus, but Princess Blade was the first Japanese Martial Art film I bought, and I loved it. I will look out for 'ultimate versus', sounds good. Cheers! :D

Guest Daisho2004

Azumi pt's 1 & 2 were Great, as for Sky High, I only know of the Walt Disney movie by that name, Princes Blade I haven't seen in a while but what I remember it was OK.

Guest sweetsamurai

Oh you should watch Sky high!! I wouldnt watch it for the action, but the way it is filmed and the meaning/message behind it,. is beautiful!!! :) Kitamura is excellent!! I Recently watched his Versus!! Excellent! :) Love his work! :D

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Azumi was very good. I found the lead actress to be a bit weak, but the rest was very good IMO. Sky High on the other hand I found to be just OK. Woth a watch, but deffinitley a rent before buying title. Unfortunatley Ive found Kitamura's films to be getting progressively worse. I loved Versus & Azumi, Aragami was OK, Sky High and Alive were both dissapointing. Although Godzilla FW was fun, but what Godzilla (Japanese) film isnt??

Archived