Kim Maree Penn

AlbertV

TheDeathGames+1997-36-b.jpgkim-maree-penn-33040208-orig.jpg

Thanks to the review of The Death Games by @ShaOW!linDude, who brought up the gorgeous fighter that is Kim Maree Penn, it's time for an appreciation thread for the Australian karate champion turned security personnel founder.

Kim was a former Kumite and full-contact karate champion who doubled for the late Zoshka Mizak in the fight scene against Dolph Lundgren's take on the Marvel character The Punisher in 1989. Penn then would have a career playing villains in many Hong Kong films. She took on the likes of Cynthia Khan, Michelle Yeoh, Frankie Chan, Hwang Jung Lee, and Louis Fan. Today, she runs Signal 8 Security, who hires security for celebrities coming to Hong Kong.

Kim is trained in Shotokan Karate, Wushu, Shaolin Eagle Claw, Taekwondo, Muay Thai and Grappling. She trains also in the use of martial arts weapons such as fencing, firearms, Chinese broad sword, whip chain.

Here are some fight clips featuring this wonderful talent!

Here's the official website for Signal 8 Security
http://www.signal8security.com/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

kingofkungfu2002

Kim is also a lovely person in real life. I recently received an invite from her, to be her guest at a Coldplay gig later this year, as she's currently bodyguarding them.
I'm going to try and take her up on her generous offer. :smile

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

Kim is also a lovely person in real life. I recently received an invite from her, to be her guest at a Coldplay gig later this year, as she's currently bodyguarding them.

That's awesome...I received an email from her back in 1999 or 2000 when I was starting my first martial arts film website and she was gracious enough to not only thank me for doing a profile page on her, but she actually gave me photos of her to add to the site at the time (wish I still had them LOL)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

but she actually gave me photos of her to add to the site at the time (wish I still had them LOL)

Have you tried looking up the site via the Wayback machine to try to recover them?

12 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Have you tried looking up the site via the Wayback machine to try to recover them?

This was back in the 1999-2000 pre-KFC days when I was merely learning HTML and started to make my own website. They were some nice publicity photos of her. :D

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
17 hours ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

I would just stand there and gaze at her like a little smitten kitten. "I'm sorry. What was that? A band is playing? Cold who?"

• Like 3

kingofkungfu2002
48 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I would just stand there and gaze at her like a little smitten kitten. "I'm sorry. What was that? A band is playing? Cold who?"

:monk_inlove:

• Like 2

Cognoscente

I like her. It's pitiful that she was not put to good use in Supercop (as was the case with Yukari Oshima in Project S).

• Like 2