Doberman Cop (1977)

Vegeta84

17 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

He said "there's nothing else like this on the current schedule that I'm aware of", but that doesn't mean they haven't procured the rights to other films. They may put off releasing similar titles if they aren't getting decent sales (I've heard that WOLF GUY did not sell well), or possibly release them without any special features. Either of these possibilities would be a shame. Please, all you guys and gals, as I said in my post above (all info needed is included within the post), write to Arrow and tell them you want more, and express your feelings about the extras. Ten years ago when I first found and joined the forum we were all wishing that the companies releasing Asian cinema titles would listen to us fans. Well, now they are (at least to a much greater degree), so lets speak up and be heard. :bigsmile: More Chiba titles, and more Japanese classics and cult classics!

I actually talked to Marc online about a month ago about this and e-mailed both Kevin and Francesco.  Francesco replied telling me that Arrow had no plans to stop releasing Japanese films, but his response sounded a bit too "corporate". 

This is the first time I've heard that WOLF GUY didn't sell well.  If that didn't sell well, I can't imagine Doberman Cop doing any better as that got less publicity. New Battles seem to be selling alright.  It was sold out for a little while on Amazon and DiabolikDVD.  

Really hope we get more Toei films from Arrow. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Vegeta84 said:

What's weird is that Marc Walkow had said that Arrow had gotten the rights to 11 Toei films, and only 6 have been released so far.  There was supposed to be one from 1964 and 1978.  Not sure what might have happened, as he makes it seem like they aren't happening anymore. 

I think Marc means he has completed his work for the 11 (though some of them have not been released yet), and no additional titles are in the plans.

But yes, Wolfguy needs to sell better! Best Chiba film ever! I bought two copies.

9 hours ago, Takuma said:

I think Marc means he has completed his work for the 11 (though some of them have not been released yet), and no additional titles are in the plans.

But yes, Wolfguy needs to sell better! Best Chiba film ever! I bought two copies.

I'm not so sure.  He does most of the translation and production of the discs after they are announcement by Arrow.  He does the interview months before, but works on the discs much later.  It really sounds like that they are not involving him in the other films for some reason. 

Archived