Shaolin Wooden Men (1976) New Restoration

DragonClaws

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
On 11/26/2017 at 4:08 AM, Killer Meteor said:

That's not the new restoration

I do not know how a print could be any better.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
20 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Then learn, my friend.

Okay teach me....................................:)

GD Y-Y

• Administrator
On 11/25/2017 at 11:48 AM, GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG said:

51euMkoC78L._SY300_.jpg

Image result for jackie chan's beginnings

I saw both of these last week. Fantastic prints of both movies. Ihad seen them in the 90's on poor quality VHS. It was as if I saw both movies for the first time.

Killer Meteors all in all was a perfect 10 +.

Shaolin Wooden Men had a few over cranking but otherwise fantastic.

GD Y-Y

@GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG I didn't pick up this release and haven't seen it. I'm curious if this one has the footage missing from the first US DVD release.

Does it begin with JC's character in a dark room with candles, where they show the Chinese symbol for an animal style, then he performs it. Then same thing again, with another animal style, doing it for each of the five main animal styles?

I think it does @KUNG FU BOB, but I will confirm tonight if GD doesn’t get back to you before then.

Update: yes, the beginning is Jackie with a black background (and candles) fighting against five masters, each with a different animal style.  

• Administrator
11 hours ago, massa_yoda said:

Update: yes, the beginning is Jackie with a black background (and candles) fighting against five masters, each with a different animal style.  

Thanks @massa_yoda. Good to know that all the people that bought the Shout! Factory release aren't getting the heavily truncated version.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Thanks @massa_yoda. Good to know that all the people that bought the Shout! Factory release aren't getting the heavily truncated version.

Gave mine to a buddy for an X Mas gift.

Like I said is was a wondrous experience see them in this manner. I too saw them in the day on crappy VHS prints.

A real joy to see Jackie in this way.

GD Y-Y

Damn, I may be a little too late to this. I had forgotten. I may have to see if I can get them still. But, to have them uncut would be nice. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, reason108 said:

Damn, I may be a little too late to this. I had forgotten. I may have to see if I can get them still. But, to have them uncut would be nice. 

@massa_yoda said that the JACKIE CHAN: BEGINNINGS version does include the opening 10 minutes missing from the Columbia/Tri-Star version, but unfortunately it is English dubbed only.

You might want to wait for the rumored 4K remaster of SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN that is supposedly coming.

DragonClaws

With no further anouncments about this restoration, and it now being over a year since the first announcement. It looks very unlikley to happen now?.

Archived