Ip Man 4: Donnie Yen, Scott Adkins, Grace Englert, Mark Strange, Chan Kwok-Kwan, Jim Liu (2019)

DragonClaws

OpiumKungFuCracker
6 hours ago, reason108 said:

Well, that is Master Z and directed by Yuen Woo Ping. So I guess you can blame him or his crew. The Michelle Yeoh fight looks a lot better. Ip Man 4 choreography is handled by Yuen and his team but did good with 3. I am expecting more of the same with 4. 

I like the Ip Man movies, even the one with Anthony Wong but in this scene here, the wires makes it retarded as hell.  I forgot the guys name in this movie but I don't think he's all that great, enough to warrant a starring role to say the least.  I mean his fighting skills onscreen is not bad. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2019 at 5:01 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

I like the Ip Man movies, even the one with Anthony Wong but in this scene here, the wires makes it retarded as hell.  I forgot the guys name in this movie but I don't think he's all that great, enough to warrant a starring role to say the least.  I mean his fighting skills onscreen is not bad. 

Yeah I don’t think that we needed a spin-off movie. And I thought that Donnie’s fight with Tyson was handled very well. I haven’t got to this fight scene yet in Master Z but it didn’t look so good in the trailer. Guess that I can always fast forward through it if it’s that bad. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 3:04 AM, DiP said:

Poster.

D3wMvHOUUAE7mnL.jpg:large

I really dig that poster. Maybe that will be some cover artwork.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:16 AM, Drunken Monk said:

First official poster. Sorry for the size...

58679514_2200218573365760_4187897609273595161_n.jpg

This one is ok. I dont like it as much as the other one. But, I guess we know which one will end up being the blu-ray cover wherever it`s released! 

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
On 3/18/2019 at 5:18 PM, DragonClaws said:

Who-ever came up with the burning wooden dummy image, has created some strong symbology for opening of the first trailer. Is it suggesting that Wing Chun, is being viewed as outdated, in the latest installment?. At least by those who are not on team Ip Man.

Behind the scene photo of Donnie Yen, filming at Preston Bus Station.

Source- https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/07/watch-as-ip-man-4-filmed-at-preston-bus-station/

donnie-yen-720x562.jpg

This is so crazy - I work 10min from there!

• Like 2

Secret Executioner

Wait, I thought Ip Man 4 was gonna be Ip Man and the four Kings ? Or is it a different movie from the "main" saga like Final Fight or Legend is born ?

2 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

Wait, I thought Ip Man 4 was gonna be Ip Man and the four Kings ? Or is it a different movie from the "main" saga like Final Fight or Legend is born ?

Two different films. Ip Man 4 will continue the Donnie Yen Ip Man saga.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

is the Jackie cameo bull or real?

I think this was a very early rumor. There’s been no recent news about a cameo as far as I know.

• Like 3

Secret Executioner
On 10/15/2019 at 1:34 PM, rdenn said:

crazy being at the hk filmart last march and to see all the promotion for this movie and it still has not been released.

Movies being screened/promoted at festivals and being released several months later isn't that crazy if you ask me. Look at stuff shown in Cannes or at the Venezia Mostra.

• Like 2

I only needed to see Donnie beating down that hilariously over the top American baddie to know I'm seeing this opening day (providing it gets to the UK). I mean I;d have seen it opening day anyway but there's something so satisfying about those rat a tat machine gun punches! Also, and obviously it's harder to tell from a trailer, but I'm getting vibes that it's going to be much better than 3.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 2