Ip Man 4: Donnie Yen, Scott Adkins, Grace Englert, Mark Strange, Chan Kwok-Kwan, Jim Liu (2019)

DragonClaws

Drunken Monk

The film gets a July theatrical release in Hong Kong according to Donnie, himself. I imagine a trailer is right around the corner. 

• Like 2

Great trailer. Obviously a bit more new action would be nice but as a tease it's wonderful. Besides truthfully I want to see as little as I can anyway before it comes out.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Who-ever came up with the burning wooden dummy image, has created some strong symbology for opening of the first trailer. Is it suggesting that Wing Chun, is being viewed as outdated, in the latest installment?. At least by those who are not on team Ip Man.

Behind the scene photo of Donnie Yen, filming at Preston Bus Station.

Source- https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/07/watch-as-ip-man-4-filmed-at-preston-bus-station/

donnie-yen-720x562.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

In better quality. I might've said in the past that a part 4 wouldn't interest me. After seeing this though, I've realized just how wrong I am. I hope Adkins plays the main villain because more actors are lined up as characters facing Donnie's Yip Man in the movie.

• Like 2

Ugh, it looks a little underwhelming to me but I imagine the movie will be much better. It’s interesting that it does say Ip Man 4 The Finale. I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be a “greatest hits” (pardon the pun) of the past movies. I really hope they try to incorporate some new elements though this will be the final film. My guess is they will probably kill him off with this film. It would probably be the proper thing to do at this point. And, looks like either Donnie is showing his age or they have “greyed” him up a bit. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
16 minutes ago, reason108 said:

My guess is they will probably kill him off with this film. It would probably be the proper thing to do at this point. And, looks like either Donnie is showing his age or they have “greyed” him up a bit. 

He will have grey hair naturally by now , he's in his early 50's right?. I cant see them killing him off just yet, not while the movies are making money at least. The real Ip Man lived until he was around 70?. Who knows how far they will take the screen version, which is only loosely based on his real life anyway.

Ip Man's toughest opponent to date?.

Scott Adkins character hits his fighting pose, in Ip Man 4.

D1_az4uVAAE1xFx.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Drunken Monk

I just hope Scott Adkins isn’t the typical western boxer and that the focus isn’t on his tricking-style kicks. I’d love to see Adkins bust out some modern shapes similar to Donnie’s Wing Chun.

• Like 4

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yo what the fuck is this bullshit? Y'all seen them use these many wires? Total embarrassment. These fight choreographers needs to be fired asap. To make matters worse, it has 6 million views, WTF??? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I just hope Scott Adkins isn’t the typical western boxer and that the focus isn’t on his tricking-style kicks. I’d love to see Adkins bust out some modern shapes similar to Donnie’s Wing Chun.

The way he was standing in the final scene almost made it seem like he was going to use American wrestling.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, KCN9NE said:

The way he was standing in the final scene almost made it seem like he was going to use American wrestling. 

If Scott Adkins character is a grappler, then his fight with Ip Man is going hit the ground at some-point. Adkins character doesnt have a name on the movies IMDB page, is he American?.

Drunken Monk
25 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

If Scott Adkins character is a grappler, then his fight with Ip Man is going hit the ground at some-point. Adkins character doesnt have a name on the movies IMDB page, is he American?.

It looks like it takes place on some kind of American military base so I imagine he's going to play an American. Unless they let him be a Brit.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who feels exhausted with the amount of movies coming out of China/HK with the same premise all over again... Foreigner=Evil. I've watched a couple of new movies lately and some of them are downright racist. Sorry to bring this up here.

Anyway, teaser trailer looks OK. Although it barely features any actual footage.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, laagi said:

Am I the only one who feels exhausted with the amount of movies coming out of China/HK with the same premise all over again... Foreigner=Evil. I've watched a couple of new movies lately and some of them are downright racist. Sorry to bring this up here.

Anyway, teaser trailer looks OK. Although it barely features any actual footage.

Yeah, The racism seems to be increasing in these types of films now more than it has in the past. I’m guessing it’s going hand-in-hand with China’s increasing world power status.

• Like 2

Been saying this for the past few years and I'm glad that I'm not the only one seeing this. Its getting very worn out by now.

And Batista is Filipino, yet he's playing an evil "white guy" in here lol

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 7:04 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Yo what the fuck is this bullshit? Y'all seen them use these many wires? Total embarrassment. These fight choreographers needs to be fired asap. To make matters worse, it has 6 million views, WTF??? 

Well, that is Master Z and directed by Yuen Woo Ping. So I guess you can blame him or his crew. The Michelle Yeoh fight looks a lot better. Ip Man 4 choreography is handled by Yuen and his team but did good with 3. I am expecting more of the same with 4. 

Edited by reason108
  • Like 2