Ip Man 4: Donnie Yen, Scott Adkins, Grace Englert, Mark Strange, Chan Kwok-Kwan, Jim Liu (2019)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

That's Awesome, If only... 

It might happen one day?, but if it does, I cant see it being viewed as a classic, even if Chan let some younger talent shine. It would probably be a mainland production.

When Tony Jaa first hit the scene, I would have cast him as Jackie Chan's student, learning the Drunken Fist.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Taiwanese-American actor,singer,director Vaness Wu is the latest addition to the Ip Man 4 cast, the film has just started production.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk
19 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Taiwanese-American actor,singer,director Vaness Wu is the latest addition to the Ip Man 4 cast, the film has just started production.

maxresdefault.jpg

DiP mentioned this three posts back, haha

DragonClaws
8 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

DiP mentioned this three posts back, haha

Doh, @DiP knows his stuff when it comes to Donnie Yen.

• Like 1

On May 2, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Does anyone think they're going to add a big name to this one or is Wu Yue (who is doing pretty well as far as filmographies go) going to be it?

Well we know Scott is in for sure by now. And I was going to refrain from giving this idea since its silly. Since Donnie Yen has become a part of Star Wars now, how cool would it be if they took an actor/martial-artist from the Star Wars franchise and cast him as an opponent in Ip Man. I mean if theyre going for more Americans, they might as well. I could see some really epic and long winded sword fight, reminiscent of a light saber fight with someone like Liam Neeson, Ray Park, etc. 

I loved Star Runner, or at least the Lionsgate version that I saw. I hope Vaness Wu will get a good role in this one. It'd be a shame if they wasted him.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

On the set, Wilson our director told me he just saw the unfinished cut of our current/work in progress Ipman4, he said it is so GOOD that he's jumping up and down with anxiety wanting to show the world! How can I even have any doubts with someone who directed SPL aka Kill Zone, Flash Point and Ip Man 1,2,3!

That depends.  I'd like to know if he was jumping up and down when he saw the finished (or unfinished for that matter) cut of 'Ip Man 2'.  If he was, then perhaps he and I have very different tastes in what we consider a good movie.

Interesting to note that Yen left their collaboration of 'Dragon Tiger Gate' off his tweet.  Character limitation, or intentional decision?😋

• Like 2

kingofkungfu2002
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Interesting to note that Yen left their collaboration of 'Dragon Tiger Gate' off his tweet.  Character limitation, or intentional decision?😋

Still hasn't forgiven him for the wig. 

• Like 1

I was originally not that excited over a 4th installment but that changed a bit when Scott Adkins, Chris Collins and Wu Yue were brought onboard. Now the real question is: How will this installment conclude Yip Man's story?

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Apparently Lo Mang will have an extended cameo in this one. I wonder whether he'll be playing the same character he played in the second film.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 6/5/2018 at 12:09 AM, DiP said:

Now the real question is: How will this installment conclude Yip Man's story?

I can see them having him in at least more film after this, wether or not thats a good idea, is another question. Maybe they will make a transition to one of his students in the next chapter?. Thats if this next one makes any money, to warrant a number part 5.

“That was totally wrong reporting. Chan is not [in the film]. We’ve already finished shooting and he was not a part of it. Rumours are rumours.”

Another up-date, thanks to the team over at M.A.A.C, check out the link for the full story, and some on-set stills, Link- http://www.maactioncinema.com/archives/5568

I hope the clothing and styles in this movie is not so "Bruce Lee the Man the Myth"-esque (*cough cough* Ip Man 2) where people that are supposed to be from the late 50s and early 60s wear clothing from today. Also I hope they incorporate Adkins well, unlike what they did with Tyson in Ip Man 3, just to make a "big fight scene"

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
26 minutes ago, Ah_Tao said:

I hope the clothing and styles in this movie is not so "Bruce Lee the Man the Myth"-esque (*cough cough* Ip Man 2) where people that are supposed to be from the late 50s and early 60s wear clothing from today. Also I hope they incorporate Adkins well, unlike what they did with Tyson in Ip Man 3, just to make a "big fight scene"

I hope they don't succumb to Adkin's usual style of tricks and flip kicks. We don't need that in an Ip Man film.

• Like 4

ShaOW!linDude
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

I hope they don't succumb to Adkin's usual style of tricks and flip kicks. We don't need that in an Ip Man film.

How about having him show up as a ninja? :tongueout 

I would agree with you on this. Preferably, it would be cool to see Adkins as some sort of specific MA stylist and pitting that system of combat against Ip Man's Wing Chun. However, I hope you won't be super pissed or disappointed if Adkins does have a couple aerial moves in there. That is his bread and butter after all.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2018 at 4:09 PM, DiP said:

I was originally not that excited over a 4th installment but that changed a bit when Scott Adkins, Chris Collins and Wu Yue were brought onboard. Now the real question is: How will this installment conclude Yip Man's story?

Naw, they’ll never end this until there is no money left to make. But, at some point they are going to overlap the same territory covered in Ip Man: The Final Fight. But, how much longer does Donnie want to continue with this role and will the audience accept another actor playing this character the way they have him? 

If anything, I meant Donnie's own franchise. And I'm pretty sure Donnie will call it quits at some point since he wants to do other kind of movies.