Ip Man 4: Donnie Yen, Scott Adkins, Grace Englert, Mark Strange, Chan Kwok-Kwan, Jim Liu (2019)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

11990447_491232767716677_170854130389783

According to Ricky Baker and Donnie Yen's Twitter page's, there is going to be a fourth installment in the Ip Man movie series.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
20 hours ago, DiP said:

Donnie announced this a half year ago. So yeah, it's going to happen.

You are right.

I must have missed that anouncment, only just caught the last two movies in the series over festive period.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Dragon Ma said:

They certainly didn't waste any time, who is he going to fight next? Bruce Lee's ghost? 

usain bolt!

• Like 2

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

usain bolt!

The fastest fists in the east, meets the fastest feet in the west.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
25 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

The fastest fists in the east, meets the fastest feet in the west.

Book it. Sold!

DragonClaws
21 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Book it. Sold!

The finale see's them free runnning through the busy Hong Kong streets.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 4:43 AM, Dragon Ma said:

They certainly didn't waste any time, who is he going to fight next? Bruce Lee's ghost? 

A showdown in Heaven between Ip and Lee. Ghost vs Ghost! Now, that is the movie that I am going to pay to see. But, only if it is released just in time for Halloween. :smile

It will be interesting to see where this one is taken given the ending of the last one. 

DragonClaws

What do people think about the rumor, that Jackie Chan might be joining the Ip Man 4 cast?.

Wing Chun teacher, Leung Ting and Jackie Chan pose for a picture.

cache_2415469352.jpg?t=1282678295

20030101130441.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk
5 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

What do people think about the rumor, that Jackie Chan might be joining the Ip Man 4 cast?.

I'm hoping it's true. Jackie needs a proper kung fu film to revitalize his career. I'd love to see him in "Ip Man 4".

• Like 3

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm hoping it's true. Jackie needs a proper kung fu film to revitalize his career. I'd love to see him in "Ip Man 4".

Maybe he should make Drunken Master 3, and have himself playing the part of the old master?.

Wouldbe nice to see him among the cast of Ip an 4, if it does come to pass.

• Like 2

Have not heard that hoax but those are older photos of Jackie so not sure why people haven't seen those before. 

You know, I know this won't happen, but I'd really like for Donnie Yen to hire Chin Kar-Lok to do the action scenes. It would be the perfect vehicle for Chin to get his first Best Action Choreography win and Chin is familiar with choreographing Southern styles, as he did a little bit of that in Star Runner.

• Like 2

BlueRain83

I rly don t have any high hopes anymore. After the 3. part desaster :( i feel like they will ruin part 4 too.

Pls never use that wire-shit in an IP MAN Movie again ( i think they used wires/strings at the fight with mike tyson ) !

DragonClaws
17 hours ago, BlueRain83 said:

I rly don t have any high hopes anymore. After the 3. part desaster :( i feel like they will ruin part 4 too.

I've enjoyed watching all three movies, how I will judge the last two movies upon re-watching them, I dont know.

It would be great to see them at least make a movie, thats as entertaining as the other 3 installments.

BlueRain83

I rly loved the first 2. But at the 3. they used strings/wires, i read sometime ago. At the tyson fight like i said before. It was so hm....not +real+ /good anymore and it felt so boring watching it. I hope - if they do a 4.- they will hang on to the spirit of the first two movies !

23 hours ago, BlueRain83 said:

Pls never use that wire-shit in an IP MAN Movie again ( i think they used wires/strings at the fight with mike tyson ) !

Let's be perfectly honest: Wires show up in the first film (IIRC, the fights involving Fan Siu-Wong feature some wire assistance); they show up in the second film, notably in the tabletop sequence with the old masters; and they will always make an appearance in HK movies. Even when it's simply for a person to get kicked 15 feet back, like Donnie did in the first one, wires will be used. It's mainly a question of degree and whether or not wires are allowed to take the place of the actors' skills, or not.

• Like 4

ShaOW!linDude
3 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Let's be perfectly honest: Wires show up in the first film (IIRC, the fights involving Fan Siu-Wong feature some wire assistance); they show up in the second film, notably in the tabletop sequence with the old masters; and they will always make an appearance in HK movies. Even when it's simply for a person to get kicked 15 feet back, like Donnie did in the first one, wires will be used. It's mainly a question of degree and whether or not wires are allowed to take the place of the actors' skills, or not.

I make a distinction between wire-work choreography and wire-assisted maneuvers and stunts. The table top sequence is definitely the former, while the other examples you cite I would categorize as the latter. I'm far more forgiving and even sometimes enjoy wire-assists, but detest wire fu.

• Like 4