Triple Threat (2017) Tony Jaa, Michael Jai White, Tiger Chen, Iko Uwais, Scott Adkins, Jeeja Yanin

DragonClaws

Aw poor Jeeja. lol

I was happy to see who all fought who in this. I would like to see more Tony vs. Iko for sure. Like said the choreo was ok, but not great. There was some good in it though. Michael Bisping, he did a good job in this atleast as this character. Would like to see all the fighters in movies again ofcourse, it is all we really have these days. My two cents.. For me was a Buy.

Edited by slinky#1
  • Like 2

Watched this.

I liked it! I thought it was good actually, but not great. It could have been so much more.

It's such a shame that JeeJa Yanin is wasted like this. And why are they shooting that much? Wasn't too bad at first but near the end the shooting was just exhausting.

But still, some of the fights were really nice and the movie had this weird energy that I enjoyed. The stunts were cool and the action filmed steady. The bad guys were so hilariously bad (their plans... shake my head) and every time Tony Jaa opened his mouth, we couldn't stop laughing because his English is atrocious.

★★★½

• Like 3

Finding out it was rushed does go a long way to explaining the overall feeling I had that this just didn't quite hit the spots it should have.

So much of it felt incomplete - the fights and action, especially. 

I think Adkins would be great in the lead if they make a live-action Captain Caveman film, though.

• Like 2

Looked like Scott was ready to make a Young Master spin off when he was released from captive, but then there was nothing.😭

I think Adkins would be great in the lead if they make a live-action Captain Caveman film, though.

Haha

Edited by slinky#1
  • Like 1

Watched this and liked it,not the best but definitely not the worse.I thought the action was great at times and then other times the stars seemed wasted.Would have been good if they would have had a three vs one at the end but it still a worthy watch.Adkins is great but I found Bispings on screen fight scenes were a bit slow and awkward(wouldn’t say it to his face though🤜)But like I said a worthy watch👍👍👍

• Like 3

Finally out on DVD in the UK, picked it up yesterday and had the biggest grin on my face pretty much all the way through. Firstly I will say that the story is nothing special and the characters really have little to no depth bar Iko. But that's all the negatives I have because the fights in this are awesome. Seriously, Uwais vs Jaa, Adkins vs Uwais, Chen vs Bisping, it just goes on. Competently shot in wide angles and long takes, Jaa's best fighting performance in years. And also it was lovely to see Ron Smoorenburg get a nice length, gritty fight scene again, hard to believe Who Am I is twenty one years ago but he's still fighting at the top of his game!

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 5

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Finally put on DVD in the UK, picked it up yesterday and had the biggest grin on my face pretty much all the way through. Firstly I will say that the story is nothing special and the characters really have little to no depth bar Iko. But that's all the negatives I have because the fights in this are awesome. Seriously, Uwais vs Ja, Adkins vs Uwais, Chen vs Bisping, it just goes on. Competently shot in wide angles and long takes, Jaa's best fighting performance in years. And also it was lovely to see Ron Smoorenburg get a nice length, gritty fight scene again,hard believe Who Am I is twenty one years ago but he's still fighting at the top of his game!

With Avengement also out in the U.K on July 1st, I' m half tempted to hold fire on Triple Threat. aThen watch these as a Double Bill. If I can wait this long for Triple Threat to hit the U.K on phyiscal media, whats a few more week's?.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

It's safe to say the future of Martial Art's cinema, is in safe hand's. Recently caught the highly entertaining Triple Threat  on DVD, you can read my complete thoughts on this one. By clicking on the link below, thank you.

International promotional poster's.

triple-threat-south-korean-movie-poster.

MV5BYzc1Y2MyNjctY2U3ZC00ZGZkLTg3ODUtYjBi

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Super Ninja

I had the Well Go USA DVD sitting on my shelf for quite a while, don't know why I didn't watch this one sooner. 

What can I say, I watched this movie two times last night, that'll give you the best idea how I feel about it. If it was absolute shite, I probably wouldn't see it as such because I was so excited seeing these guys sharing the screen together I thought my heart won't stand that much excitement. Jesse became one hell of a director and his collabs with Adkins kept getting better and better. Triple Threat is my personal fave now, in my eyes it even beats Avengement, and Johnson succeeded in making TT the best it can be. Sure Vanderberg dies too soon and Yanin only has one fight but the script is written in a way to really make the best use of TT's MA stars, with as many duels thrown in there. Pacing is insane, there's never a dull moment and when nobody's fighting there's plenty of shootouts and explosions to make every action fan happy. And I wasn't this happy watching Jaa delivering his thing since Ong Bak films. This is imo the best from the best, it's an action fest and I enjoyed every moment of it, both times. I'm also trying to make my brother watch it with me this weekend. Hats off to Jesse V. Johnson for this magic treat. I'll most likely try to get it on blu as well.

@Mike Leeder thank you for rounding up these guys, brilliant casting sir!

Edited by Super Ninja
  • Like 5

JackieRome

I have not yet found the courage to see it. i had read it was a small disappointment ... i will try

• Like 2

Good casting by Mike Leeder but a waste of talent. Overall a missed opportunity. Get the same cast again in another movie, flesh the characters out a bit more, get a director who really understands what he's got and hou to make better use of the stars ability in a plausible plot then perhaps they would strike it lucky

• Like 1