Triple Threat (2017) Tony Jaa, Michael Jai White, Tiger Chen, Iko Uwais, Scott Adkins, Jeeja Yanin

DragonClaws

8 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I've seen it as well (there's a review embargo on until 15th March, but Twitter reactions are allowed. Since I don't do Twitter, I'll do a KFF reaction instead.:smile).

You've explained, why there's so many comments about the film on FB/Twitter etc. Yet I've been unable to find a single review of it.

The good: It doesn't disappoint.  Likely a contender for best action flick of the year.

So the trialer's a pretty good representation of the film?, rather than a mis-representation.

The bad: @DragonClaws is correct, the nunchucks are photoshoppped.  'Triple Threat' is a nunchuck free movie.  Thankfully Jija Yanin running around with a grenade launcher isn't photoshopped though.

Booo, that the kind of misleading trick, we expect from 70's exploitation films, and misleading VHS/DVD/BR covers, for poorly made B-movies. I really like the poster art, despite this, but dont promise the fans, something thats not there.

Jeeja Yanin running around with a grenade launcher, more than makes up for this, does that make me shallow?.

ShaOW!linDude
7 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Jeeja Yanin can run around with my grenade launcher...if you know what I mean.

You have a detachable grenade launcher? What the...?

• Like 1

For those that have seen this, a couple of queries.- Is it all in english, or is there english subs needed for foreign parts? If not i'll get the german disc that is out earlier.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
11 hours ago, saltysam said:

For those that have seen this, a couple of queries.- Is it all in english, or is there english subs needed for foreign parts? If not i'll get the german disc that is out earlier.

Predominantly English, with scatterings of Indonesian, Thai, and (more so than the other 2) Mandarin.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Predominantly English, with scatterings of Indonesian, Thai, and (more so than the other 2) Mandarin.

thanks, i'll wait for the usa disc.

On 2/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

You have a detachable grenade launcher? What the...?

Won't that result in a "man of trinitrotolulene, woman of cleenex" scenario?

Drunken Monk

I'm not surprised Jaa isn't interested in directing again. After all, his last directing stint caused him to have a breakdown.

• Like 1

For theatre listing info, do a Google search for Triple Threat or "Triple Threat movie".

Looks like it will be showing at the Regal Cinemas L.A. Live, and a few other Regal/Edwards theatres, in the L.A. area at night on 3/19/19.

It will then be shown at Hollywood's Arena Cinelounge, from 3/22/19-3/28/19.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I’ve bought my ticket and was surprised to see I had my pick of tickets. The theater was entirely empty.

Shaolin Patriot

Amazon has listed the US release date of May 14, 2019 for Blu-Ray and DVD.  Available now for pre-orders.  Special features include interview with the cast & trailers.

Edited by Shaolin Patriot
  • Like 2

One Armed Boxer

Damn this reviewing business is sometimes cutthroat!  The agency handling 'Triple Threat' gave frequent reminders that the review embargo was lifted at 9:00am EST on 15th March, usually with a lot of emphasis on the 9:00am EST!  Well, it looks like maactioncinema aren't the only ones to jump the gun, so in this case, we'll jump on the bandwagon.  Coming a whole 7 hours earlier than it's supposed to, my review is up over at cityonfire :tongueout -

http://cityonfire.com/triple-threat-2018-review/

• Like 8

ShaOW!linDude
4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Coming a whole 7 hours earlier than it's supposed to, my review is up over at cityonfire :tongueout -

And an awesome review it is!!! I am super-stoked for this more than ever now!

• Like 5

ShaOW!linDude
7 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Yup, I'm the only person going...

IF it comes here, and that's a big IF, I hope that's the way it is when I go. Lucky dawg!

• Like 1