Triple Threat (2017) Tony Jaa, Michael Jai White, Tiger Chen, Iko Uwais, Scott Adkins, Jeeja Yanin

DragonClaws

Apparently Koch media in Germany is releasing it on Blu-ray at the end of March. Jesse V. Johnson himself gave the date of 3-22 on Facebook but I’m not yet sure if it’ll come out the same week in the US and abroad? Supposedly so though which is awesome news!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

That's great news but do you have a link for this? Couldn't find anything

The German press release: https://shop.kochmedia.com/shop/de_DE/productdetail.html?sort=name+desc%2Cecd&fmt=tile&psize=24&page=0&nav2=COM&nav1=FILM&id=1028974#details

And the statement in a movie forum by a spokesperson of Koch Media regarding the US release: https://dirtypictures.phpbb8.de/post293822.html#p293822

• Like 2

I asked Jesse Johnson on Instagram about a possible March release and he responded to me with simply...

"3:22"

I assume that means a March 22nd release.

• Like 3

MAAC cinema is reporting that China is releasing the movie in February which is presumably theatrical and US as 3/22 which is a Friday not a Tuesday, so is it going theatrical in the US or straight to Blu-ray??

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
4 hours ago, mark187 said:

MAAC cinema is reporting that China is releasing the movie in February which is presumably theatrical and US as 3/22 which is a Friday not a Tuesday, so is it going theatrical in the US or straight to Blu-ray??

In the States, Blu-ray/DVD releases tend to be on Tuesdays, but who knows.

Hey Kami,

anyway you could contact that individual or Koch Media in general to get any clarification?? It seems odd to have it get released in US theaters one week and then get a Blu-ray release the next week in Germany

• Like 1

So here’s a bit of an update. I heard from Well Go that they plan to release it theatrically and on digital in March and tentatively May for the Blu-ray release in the US!

• Like 2

On 12/22/2018 at 9:12 PM, mark187 said:

Hey Kami,

anyway you could contact that individual or Koch Media in general to get any clarification?? It seems odd to have it get released in US theaters one week and then get a Blu-ray release the next week in Germany

What do you want to have clarified? The German home release? Why does it seem odd to you? I guess the US cinema release will be a limited one.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:12 PM, mark187 said:

I wonder if it’ll be region locked? I hope the US version really comes out in May

It most definitively will be locked. BTW, I like the tagline of the German blu-ray. "Like Expandables without seniors".

Never mind I see that it’ll on be a one night only wide release on Tuesday March 19 followed by select cities and VOD on March 22. And then thank God a Blu-ray in May 14th as was already reported 

• Like 1

Thought there would be more feedback/excitment for this, after the first full length trailer hit?.

There's some great solid looking action, but how will it all look in the final cut?.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:07 PM, Drunken Monk said:

For nunchaku fans, it looks like Tony Jaa will be showing off his skills...

Looking forward to seeing this, is it me?, or do the nunchakuk ook photo-shopped onto the image here?.

Sure @KUNG FU BOB will be excited about a nunchaku wielding Tony Jaa too.

One Armed Boxer
On 2/15/2019 at 8:07 AM, Drunken Monk said:

For nunchaku fans, it looks like Tony Jaa will be showing off his skills...

On 2/17/2019 at 1:02 AM, DragonClaws said:

Looking forward to seeing this, is it me?, or do the nunchakuk ook photo-shopped onto the image here?.

Sure @KUNG FU BOB will be excited about a nunchaku wielding Tony Jaa too.

I've seen it as well (there's a review embargo on until 15th March, but Twitter reactions are allowed. Since I don't do Twitter, I'll do a KFF reaction instead.:smile).

The good: It doesn't disappoint.  Likely a contender for best action flick of the year.

The bad: @DragonClaws is correct, the nunchucks are photoshoppped.  'Triple Threat' is a nunchuck free movie.  Thankfully Jija Yanin running around with a grenade launcher isn't photoshopped though.

• Like 5