Triple Threat (2017) Tony Jaa, Michael Jai White, Tiger Chen, Iko Uwais, Scott Adkins, Jeeja Yanin

DragonClaws

ShaOW!linDude

Browsing Youtube and it looks like some goober has already pirated and uploaded the movie to the internet. I didn't bother clicking on it but it's got a run time of 1 hour and 36 mins. 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
15 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Browsing Youtube and it looks like some goober has already pirated and uploaded the movie to the internet. I didn't bother clicking on it but it's got a run time of 1 hour and 36 mins. 

The film they uploaded is actually "Paradox". They just used "Triple Threat" to get more clicks. As there has been no release of "Triple Threat" at all, I can't see anyone pirating it just yet. Well Go will keep it well under wraps.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 4

ShaOW!linDude
4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

The film they uploaded is actually "Paradox". They just used "Triple Threat" to get more clicks. As there has been no release of "Triple Threat" at all, I can't see anyone pirating it just yet. Well Go will keep it well under wraps.

Good looking out. I didn't bother watching any of it to see.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
7 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Any news on the release date?

In the coming months, according to @mark187 comments a few posts bac, in this thread. At least for the U.S release, its got a deal for a U.K and Australian releases, but I dont know the exact release dates for thos contries either.

If anyone listened to the most recent episode of the Kung Fu Movie Guide podcast, you would have heard Jesse Johnson reveal an interesting, if disheartening, tidbit about the film's release. I'll sum it up...

Basically, China has exclusive rights to this film since it was funded by Chinese production companies. Because of that, Well Go USA cannot release the film in the US until it's had a Chinese theatrical run. So...until you see it pop up in China, don't hold your breath for this one.

Jesse also talked about how he feared the movie's China release since once something hits China, it pops up online about two weeks later.

• Like 4

Something more positive: Jesse stated that each martial artist had a say in their own choreography and Tim Man just "held it all together." So, we can expect a variety of styles, it seems.

• Like 5

Something more positive: Jesse stated that each martial artist had a say in their own choreography and Tim Man just "held it all together." So, we can expect a variety of styles, it seems.

Lets keep our fingers crossed, and hope the Chinese film editors dont edit the fights to death. I might be wrong, but I cant see them expecting a ready made cut, as the film will have to pass the Chinese censors.

Oh, now you're just teasing me.:tongueout

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Lets keep our fingers crossed, and hope the Chinese film editors dont edit the fights to death. I might be wrong, but I cant see them expecting a ready made cut, as the film will have to pass the Chinese censors.

I think it was backed by Chinese distributors from the get go. So I'm assuming they've had somewhat of a say since day one. Maybe it's already good to go for Chinese audiences? Don't quote me on that though as I'm not a hundred percent sure.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 7:20 PM, mark187 said:

Any chance this could just be released straight to Blu-ray? In time for Christmas!

I think we might be lucky to get this released on Blu-Ray/DVD before the New Year, might pop up on a Digital Film service?

According to IMDb the film has been rated r by the mpaa. Strong violence and language. I wonder if this is an indication it’s finally nearing release but apparently it still has to be released in China first 

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
11 hours ago, kami said:

In March the movie gets an official release in Germany and the press release says "at the same time as the US-release".

Finally.

• Like 1

hmmm. I saw somebody comment on Jesse V. Johnson’s Facebook that they would buy the Blu-ray in March. I wonder if it’ll be a theater release then or straight to Blu-ray?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kami said:

In March the movie gets an official release in Germany and the press release says "at the same time as the US-release".

That's great news but do you have a link for this? Couldn't find anything