Triple Threat (2017) Tony Jaa, Michael Jai White, Tiger Chen, Iko Uwais, Scott Adkins, Jeeja Yanin

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Actors/Matial Artists  Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White and Michael Bisping, have now joined the star packed cast of Triple Threat a.k.a Makeshift Squad. Starring alongside Asian superstars Tiger Chen, Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais.

More on this story over at The Action Elite site.

Link- http://theactionelite.com/2017/03/scott-adkins-mike-bisping-and-michael-jai-white-join-triple-threat/

Skin-Trade-Michael-Jai-White-and-Tony-Ja

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 7

ShaOW!linDude

Hopefully these won't be throwaway cameos or a 1-3 moves action blip. That's 3 pairs. I want to see some folks throwing down.

• Like 3

DragonClaws

Actress's Celina Jade and Jeeja Yanin have now joined the ever expanding cast of Triple Threat, directed by Jesse V.Johnson.

Actress Celina Jade, daughter of Martial Artist/Business man Roy Horan (Tower Of Death).

wallpaper-2831345.jpg

Jeeja Yanin, ready for action in a scene from Thai movie Chocolate (2008)

2009_chocolate_001.jpg

• Like 3

Super Ninja

Didn't know Jeeja joined the cast, that's great news. I'm still waiting for her to deliver something on Chocolate level.

• Like 3

On 26/03/2017 at 10:36 AM, Super Ninja said:

Didn't know Jeeja joined the cast, that's great news. I'm still waiting for her to deliver something on Chocolate level.

I honestly thought Raging Phoenix was great, her fight with the villainess was terrifically brutal.

• Like 2

Tony and Scott Adkins from Tony's Facebook

17861830_1890087787873947_83707737412133

Tony with Patrick Kazu Tang, Iko Uwais, Jeeja Yanin, and Tim Man..not sure who the guy on the far left

17796656_1889067497975976_49233487612515

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 5

The cartel: Ron Smoorenburg, Scott Adkins, Jeeja Yanin, Michael Bisping, and Michael Jai White. Jeeja posted the photo on her Facebook.

FB_IMG_1492520362586.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 5

Super Ninja
On 13. 04. 2017. at 2:18 PM, Dragon Ma said:

I honestly thought Raging Phoenix was great, her fight with the villainess was terrifically brutal.

I liked it the first time, but after rewatching Chocolate, the action in RP just didn't work for me the next time. I liked the idea of Muay Thai combined with drunken boxing and breakdance moves, really creative choreography but the fights lacked impact. You are right about that Yanin - Jindasing fight, there are some brutal moments, but compared with the real bone-crunching ma action Thailand spoiled us with, RP is just not on the same level.

• Like 3

If this is even half as good as this cast suggests it will be, then I'll be impressed! (Incidentally nice to see Ron Smoorenburg on the baddies team, always love the Who Am I fight, even if it is hilarious that he's doubled by Brad Allen, almost half his size!))

• Like 3

The thing that gives me the most hope is the fact that Tim Man is doing the choreo. I personally like his style with lots of flashy aerial kicks, acrobatics and somewhat fancy legwork. I think its very suitable for MA movies, looks quite cinematic

The man himself is a good MA , very fast, flexible and agile. ( His fight against Scott Adkins in the upcoming Boyka film is the highlight of the movie)

On the other hand, so many MA stars in one flick concerns me. I'm afraid, they're gonna be wasted for the most part. Very few (action) directors could properly utilize such a starry cast. Sammo and Yuen Woo Ping come to mind, but they used to have much more control on their productions

• Like 5

One Armed Boxer
On 4/23/2017 at 11:37 PM, D1 Ma said:

On the other hand, so many MA stars in one flick concerns me. I'm afraid, they're gonna be wasted for the most part. Very few (action) directors could properly utilize such a starry cast. Sammo and Yuen Woo Ping come to mind, but they used to have much more control on their productions

This is my main fear with 'Triple Threat' as well, unless it's someone like Sammo, having this much martial arts talent in a single production is going to require some top level direction in order to make sure they all have their moment to shine.  Jesse Johnson has the background, but so far hasn't shined particularly bright as a director (check out @ShaOW!linDude's damning review of his 2007 flick 'The Last Sentinel' here.)  Here's hoping that with the talent in front of the camera, and Tim Man on choreography duties, this will turn out to fulfil the potential that its cast promises.

• Like 3

I'm really hoping this is good. I want it to be. But it seems like overkill. 

Unless you're Chang Cheh or Akira Kurosawa, be careful with having too many toys to play with.

Hope the director of Pit Fighter and Green Street Hooligans 2 proves me wrong.

• Like 4

DragonClaws

When you have an all-star cast like this one, you not going to please all the fans, no matter how good the film turns out. There will always be a fan who feels their favorite cast member didnt get enough screen time etc.

Couple of images posted by Tony Jaa on his Twitter page.

Link- https://twitter.com/tonyjaaofficial

Airbourne.

C-DuYP7UIAApfX0.jpg

C-TZSx9VoAARQOa.jpg

• Like 3