DAVID CHIANG 2016- 2017. LOOKS GREAT AS ALWAYS.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

One of my old filmmaker boss was David Chiang 姜大衛 (NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN). This is him in the very popular 2016 -2017 Shaw Brothers' Cantonese TVB sitcom SHORT END OF THE STICK 公公出宮! His new English actor's stage name is now re-titled as John Jiang. Chiang's Chinese actor name remains the same as the before though. John has aged very well don't you think???

From Facebook not my info on David.

Image may contain: 19 people, people smiling

Image may contain: 2 people, selfie

Image may contain: 4 people

Image may contain: 3 people

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, eyeglasses and closeup

Now it would be interesting to see David with grey hair.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures !

Short end of the stick was released a few months ago, if I'm not mistaken, and David Chiang (for me, he'll always be David Chiang and not John Chiang, I think that this first name doesn't suit him well..) is still very active.

I found this :

http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/thread/870/flying-swords-dragon-gate

It seems that he plays an eunuch or a magistrate in this series, that looks very good, from what I saw in the clip !

Very glad to know that he's still active and kicking in the industry, he's probably my second favourite old Shaw Bros actor after Tang Ching.

He has aged very well and better than Ti Lung. Not saying that David is fat, but it seems that older age has filled him out a little bit; you can see it mostly in his face. He was so scrawny back in his heyday. 

A lot of these Shaw stars are frozen in time for me. The old movies are the only thing that I have ever seen most of them in so I have to stop and think that "yes, they are real people and they age just like the rest of us". :smile But, it is a shocker, sometimes, when the only image you have of them is when they are in their late teens/early 20`s then jump about 40 years later.  

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

reason108 you make a fine point on the agelessness in our minds of our kung fiu movie stars.

YOUR BOTH WELCOME.

GD Y-Y

Archived