Thinking of buying these movies, any opinions?

Guest Tosh

I love Samurai films, as much as Kung Fu, but I need to see more Samurai movies, I'm looking to dig a little deeper, I've seen many great Samurai movies, but know I'm missing out on some gems, so after looking through the Samurai section at kurotokagi movies, I'm thinking of buying these:

The Taira Clan

Strike of Jaguma

Illusions of Blood (Tatsuya Nakadai is awesome, I'll buy this anyways)

Whirlwind

Purplehood

Any opinions on these movies?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KClosson
Does anyone know a good Samurai movie review site?

www.midnighteye.com is okay. Do a search for "samurai" there and you should get a lot of interesting links to show up. The following link gives a lot of basic introduction information to the genre:

www.midnighteye.com/featu..._101.shtml

They are usually pretty informed. I say usually because most of the time they do a little more than just watch the movie and try to tell you if it is good or not.

If you are willing to get a book then Galloway's book is pretty good about covering the gems:

www.amazon.com/gp/product...s&v=glance

I have found that on almost any movie you can search google and find something. Of course, everyone has an opinion and different tastes so you have to do your research so you don't end up wasting your money. Many a time I have been told certain movies are great and then after seeing them...ugh...what a let down. ;)

KC

Thanks KC, yeah I'm looking for a good in-depth Samurai review site, if it exists, like KF Cinema, it's hard to find any good info on these movies, as some of them go back to the 50's. The book may be the way to go.

Archived