Sleeping Dogs (2018) – Donnie Yen

Iron_Leopard

JackieRome
12 hours ago, DiP said:

I'm sure we'll get some updates on Raging Fire by the end of this month or next one.

We hope it lives up to Flashpoint... 

• Like 3

Donnie Yen recently gave an update on Sleeping Dogs...it's looking 50/50 at this point but he's hoping it will happen:

https://collider.com/donnie-yen-sleeping-dogs-movie-comments/

"I'm still hopeful. I mean, every day they tell me it's going to happen. I'm co-producing and collaborating with [producers] Neil Moritz and Toby [Ascher], with their company, and currently talking with a couple of big platforms. And they tell me every single day it's going to happen, so we'll see. Like I said, I believe in destiny. So, if it's going to happen, hopefully, it will happen the first half of next year."

• Like 2

At this point, I don't really care because the project's been hanging loose for quite some time now. I'd rather see Donnie take other projects. Good thing he's making John Wick 4, and I'll look forward to what he does after that.

• Like 2

Sleeping Dogs is one of my favorite games of all time, so I really hope this comes to be someday. Even if Donnie Yen gets too old to play the lead, I would still like for it to be made(As long as they find the right guy to play the lead). 

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane

Look, we all loved the game, but the moment has passed. Any given movie idea usually have a specific window of opportunity to come to fruition, especially those based on an original IP. Trying to make a film from a decade old game (which was not a hit btw) in a city and cinematic climate that has gone through major changes in that time, starring an almost 60 year old action star is just not it. I think it's time to move on.

• Like 1