Leo Fong on Bruce Lee VS Wong Jack Man

DragonClaws

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What might be more interesting than some fake Hollywood movie would be to find every article written and every video interview conducted about the fight from people that were actually there and just make one of those "crime scene" re-enactment videos. There are probably already videos like that but look at it from an unbiased forensic point of view using eye witness testimony and the layout of the room, etc. Or, less effort would be to just accept the opinions of the people that were there and move on with life. :smile Fighters are going to fight, and this was just one of many for Bruce. But, I think that a lot of people think that this is either the only fight he ever had or that he lost. Otherwise, the only real importance of this fight is for the BL aficionados that want to know what drove the man to switch from Wing Chun to form JKD. But, I will say that from personal experience that it does not make much sense to chase someone around a room with straight punches. If they want to fight instead of running away, then, wait for them to come back to you. :smile

DragonClaws
13 hours ago, reason108 said:

What might be more interesting than some fake Hollywood movie would be to find every article written and every video interview conducted about the fight from people that were actually there and just make one of those "crime scene" re-enactment videos. There are probably already videos like that but look at it from an unbiased forensic point of view using eye witness testimony and the layout of the room, etc. Or, less effort would be to just accept the opinions of the people that were there and move on with life. :smile Fighters are going to fight, and this was just one of many for Bruce. But, I think that a lot of people think that this is either the only fight he ever had or that he lost. Otherwise, the only real importance of this fight is for the BL aficionados that want to know what drove the man to switch from Wing Chun to form JKD. But, I will say that from personal experience that it does not make much sense to chase someone around a room with straight punches. If they want to fight instead of running away, then, wait for them to come back to you. :smile

Sounds like a good idea, is it me or has it all gone a bit quite in regards to the Birth Of The Dragon movie?.

On 3/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, DragonClaws said:

Sounds like a good idea, is it me or has it all gone a bit quite in regards to the Birth Of The Dragon movie?.

:smile Funny you mention it because I had totally spaced out the movie, until I saw your thread. I thought it was coming out this year but I was searching online and supposedly it only showed at the Toronto film festival back in September of last year. I think it has been picked up for distribution in the US, but no release yet. There was some controversy due to "whitewashing" and the BS story that they created for the film. I think they had to go back and trim it up a bit. Honestly, if the story stays as it was, I hope that this rubbish never sees the light of day! 

I would much prefer to read this article than see the movie. Now, I am not saying that this article is 100% true, but, it seems to make more sense and grounded in reality a bit more than the movie appears to be. Plus, people should be able to research the story as there are many interviews with the people that were there.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/bruce-lee-vs-wong-jack-man-fact-fiction-and-the-birth-of-the-dragon

That article would make a better film.

Or, just pick up the Kindle book on Amazon. I have not read the book but the reviews are pretty positive. 

https://www.amazon.com/Showdown-Oakland-Story-Behind-ebook/dp/B00AR0KE1I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1356106091&sr=8-3&keywords=showdown+in+oakland

Archived