This is My Asso Asia KUNGFUADDICTION

ThunderScore

ThunderScore
7 hours ago, shukocarl said:

Is it me or does the fighting in that trailer seem w-a-y speeded up or over cranked?

It was hard for me to tell because the trailer needs to be unsqueezed to 16x9 at least...

DragonClaws
10 hours ago, shukocarl said:

Is it me or does the fighting in that trailer seem w-a-y speeded up or over cranked?

It will be over cranked, a lot of the Asso-Asia movies had a very similar cranked up action style. It's awhile since I watched Enter The Invincible Hero, but I dont recall the action looking as fast as it does in the trialer.

• Like 1

ThunderScore

SILVER HERMIT FROM SHAOLIN TEMPLE

58bda95abe2c1_SilverHermit.thumb.jpg.40aa55b32837eb2e12177bd26ffdf5d8.jpg

THE SILVER SPEAR

58bda9672ac9e_SilverSpear.thumb.jpg.1fb164525ec59231b8cc07c2b5acfe36.jpg

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 3

ThunderScore

Just how many DVD releases of this has there been in the U.S.?

IIRC, the Palm Beach Entertainment is the only one not taken from the IVL disc - It's taken from Almi TV's version, which was edited for language.

EvSF1.thumb.jpg.672494ebc3f25d5cba72f45a0a519da7.jpgEvSF2.thumb.jpg.bf810b0dfe4c86d718d4cb1748b16b23.jpgEvSF3.thumb.jpg.bc897656bc555af420ce418f7633dd6d.jpg

• Like 1

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, ThunderScore said:

Just how many DVD releases of this has there been in the U.S.?

There's been a lot, but I cant say exactly how many lol. The last time this one got a U.K release was on VHS, on the old Eastern Heroes label.

TheKungFuRobber

I did get a new Vengeance video disc this week for the ever growing collection, a copy of Snake Fist of a Buddhist Dragon on DVD. Any good or is it shite?

• Like 3

Did a re-creation of the RIVALS OF THE SILVER FOX trailer using the logo from the Regal Video release. This is an edited version - the complete one will be forthcoming. Other than the title, every version of this trailer I've seen online omits the onscreen text:

...And what awesome box art:

Foxy22.thumb.jpg.09bbbecf9c48c2538f173114a9fe2947.jpg

• Like 4

Pretty cool, my man.

I remember watching RIVALS OF THE SILVER FOX with my father on the FFN/SCORE channel when we first got cable back in the mid 80's. I also remember borrowing the VHS tape from the video store as well. My father told me he saw this in the movie theater when he was stationed in South Korea in 1980. He was a fan of Casanova Wong. I've been meaning to find this on DVD, that is if there's a decent print floating around out there.

• Like 3

Those old skool posters are wicked. Really shows the movies kick arse. Are these films just lost in the dubbed poor quality dvd stage or any been given a fresh coat of paint? I'll have to take note of these films whenever I get a chance. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ThunderScore said:

Did a re-creation of the RIVALS OF THE SILVER FOX trailer using the logo from the Regal Video release.

Always happy to see the classic Korean martial arts movies getting some well deserved love and attention.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ThunderScore said:

RIVALS OF THE SILVER FOX Lobby Card Set:

Cheers for posting. These can be useful when you can get a better look at some of the stuntmen with the clear photos. I can see here that Baek Hwang-gi and Hong Seong-yeong played both Gold and Silver monks, director getting his monies worth.

• Like 2