R1 Dirty Ho dvd release

Iron_Leopard

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, sadly! There is only the iTunes release.

I want to correct my statement. Technically there was a release of Dirty Ho on dvd back in 2001, which was released by Ground Zero. They were a "grey area" company that released Shaw titles that were taken from various sources (VHS, television, beta, etc). I had forgotten about that release when I gave my response. But, the PQ of that release was really horrible. It looked like it was taken from VHS or something, though, probably a few generations down off a Beta copy. And, it is English dubbed, so, no original Chinese audio. At least it is a widescreen print. I would go with the iTunes release over this. Plus, the iTunes release is legit. 

masterofoneinchpunch

For those interested I have all the R1 releases of Shaw Brother films listed here.

Now I would have loved a R1 release of Dirty Ho.  My first copy was a bootleg unfortunately (before I knew about the IVLs).

Iron_Leopard
On 2/23/2017 at 0:10 AM, reason108 said:

No, sadly! There is only the iTunes release.

I want to correct my statement. Technically there was a release of Dirty Ho on dvd back in 2001, which was released by Ground Zero. They were a "grey area" company that released Shaw titles that were taken from various sources (VHS, television, beta, etc). I had forgotten about that release when I gave my response. But, the PQ of that release was really horrible. It looked like it was taken from VHS or something, though, probably a few generations down off a Beta copy. And, it is English dubbed, so, no original Chinese audio. At least it is a widescreen print. I would go with the iTunes release over this. Plus, the iTunes release is legit. 

ITunes is better than nothing but I still want a dvd to put on the shelf you know.

Archived