Tien Peng

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

From Facbook Tien Peng Wu Xia Superstar

Image may contain: one or more people

As I got asked several times, if I know if Tien Peng is still alive and what he's doing at the moment, here's an answer for all, who are curious about it.
Is he still alive? 
Oh yes, he is and as far as I can rate it, he's still far from retiring. The photos below got taken in November 2015 (sadly, I am not the photographer 1f609.png;) ), where he attended the celebrations around the 80. birthday of direcor Joseph Kuo, who directed several movies, he starred in ('Swordsman of all Swordsmen' or '18 Bronzemen', to name only two of them).
Is he still filming?
No! Definitely not. He quitted filming in the early 1990s.
What did he do after he quitted filming?
I cannot confirm, if it's true, but it's said that he and his brother, Tien Ho, went into noodle business (right, producing and selling noodles) after they turned their back on the movie business. 
Well, Tien Peng would not be Tien Peng, if he'd be able to leave the world of moviemaking behind for good.
Having always been one used to speak frankly, he ran into trouble with politics and politicians (not only in mainland China after he dared to criticise the regime, but also in Taiwan, whereto his parents moved in the late 1940s) and he got forced silent for a rather long while (it also got rumoured that health issues were a reason for him to stay away from public events, but I cannot say anything about it or if it's true or not). 
Nontheless, he ended up in the management of one of Taiwan's TV and movie companies a couple of years ago. He noticed quickly that not all of his colleagues agreed to his assignment to the post, but he replied in a way, I'd name typical for him:
He said, that, even if they'd not like him or his point of view on many things, they'd nonetheless have to deal with the fact that they'd have to work together with him in future. And, he added, the work for the company would not be about him but about what he would be able to offer and add to the companies success - referring on his knowledge and experience as an actor, writer and director. Needless to say, he managed to leave his ciritcs speechless.
A couple of reasons, why I really love him...

Note: 
All information about Tien Peng mentioned here, I carried together and translated from different sources. I'm always open for hints and notes about said information's validity.

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and indoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, sunglasses and suit

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing

Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people sitting and sunglasses

GD Y-Y

• Like 4

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Same here chingdog. 

I wonder how old he is?

He still is one of my all time favs.

They say he never played a villain.

Do you agree.

GD Y-Y

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG said:

I wonder how old he is?

According to the HKMDB, he was born in 1945 so he must be around 72 years old.

Foreign poster for Tien Peng's Forest Duel(1982) a.k.a Jade Dagger Ninja.

57bee6d3003c8_258026b.jpg

• Like 2

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
On 3/6/2017 at 2:22 PM, DragonClaws said:

According to the HKMDB, he was born in 1945 so he must be around 72 years old.

Foreign poster for Tien Peng's Forest Duel(1982) a.k.a Jade Dagger Ninja.

57bee6d3003c8_258026b.jpg

A couple of years older than me.

GD Y-Y

• Like 1

浪子快刀

田鹏和政治没有关系,他最多就是搞黑社会……后来因为武侠片不景气,没再拍片了,开过餐馆。

Tien Peng has nothing to do with politics. At most, he is involved in the underworld... Later, because of the downturn in martial arts films, he stopped filming and opened restaurants.

Edited by 浪子快刀
  • Like 1