The OpiumKungFuCracker's Mainland China movie thread.

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

Okay by now we've all discussed the ignorance of casual movie goers not being able to tell the difference between Mainland China or Hong Kong Cinema. This thread is for me personally to keep track of the new wave of Mainland China movies and for me to poop on them,hahahha. I'm kidding! Okay so far in my queue I have:

The Sword Identity and Jude Archer. Recommend,discuss, call me an asshole, do as you will. FEED ME YOUR POST!!!!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

A thread dedicated to 'modern' Mainland China action cinema, now here's a daunting prospect!

Well, you're in luck for the 2 you've mentioned, as both have dedicated threads.  You can check out the one for 'The Sword Identity' here, and one for 'Judge Archer' here.

I confess to not having seen either, but I have seen the director Xu Haofeng's latest offering, 'The Master' (re-titled for the US as 'The Final Master', which I doubt it will be :tongueout), which I thought was awesome.  Dedicated thread for it here

For self-torture, I've both watched and spent a disproportionate amount of my life reviewing the likes of 'Switch', 'Wolf Warrior',  'Bounty Hunters', and 'Kung Fu Yoga' (click on the titles to be taken to them).  For me these movies represent the worst aspects of Mainland China cinema.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Hahahh, thanks for the links to the threads. I guess I should have just PM you the question and save the bandwidth, LOL!!! I need to see the Master for sure, can't wait!

Archived