Plan B: Scheiss auf Plan A (2017)

AlbertV

Germany's Reel Deal Action Team star in this upcoming German martial arts action-comedy that got picked up by 20th Century Fox for a June 8 release there.

Three aspiring stuntmen (Can Aydin, Cha-Lee Yoon, Phong Giang) on their way to a casting call for a new film accidentally are given the wrong address and run afoul of a gangster, played by Henry Mayer.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 2/16/2017 at 9:18 PM, AlbertV said:

Germany's Reel Deal Action Team star in this upcoming German martial arts action-comedy that got picked up by 20th Century Fox for a June 8 release there.

Is this movie out yet, where can it be seen?

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

It's on Netflix, Youtube (pay content) and Amazon prime. There also seems to be a DVD release, I only found it on amazon though.

Official Facebook Site 

https://www.facebook.com/PlanB.DerFilm/

https://www.amazon.de/Plan-Scheiß-Aydin-Cha-Lee-Yoon/dp/B078TCPS8L/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=plan+b&qid=1599308081&s=dvd&sr=1-2

• Like 4

On 9/22/2020 at 5:06 PM, BlueRain83 said:

It seems like a rly bad trash movie :< dunno...but i never saw a fine MA movie from my country (germany) ^^

What about Mike Moller's One Million K(l)icks

• Like 3

Secret Executioner

Language, dude !!! :hvb_cursing:

(those who speak German will get it, those who don't... Just look up a translation of the title of this thread)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok, so German Netflix version has German audio and subtitles, there appears to be a version on Netflix Brazil, apparently with Portuguese subtitles from the info I could find, DVD has German audio and Danish, Finnish and Norwegian subtitles.. has anyone seen a copy with English subtitles?! Anywhere? Why is it so impossible to see this movie? Do I really have to take German lessons to watch it?

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
On 1/15/2021 at 3:41 AM, Super Ninja said:

Why is it so impossible to see this movie? Do I really have to take German lessons to watch it?

The alternative (plan B you might say :tongueout) would be to wait for the English language remake -

https://cityonfire.com/amazon-studios-to-remake-german-80s-inspired-martial-arts-flick-plan-b/

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

The alternative (plan B you might say :tongueout) would be to wait for the English language remake -

https://cityonfire.com/amazon-studios-to-remake-german-80s-inspired-martial-arts-flick-plan-b/

Seen that and I have to say I'm not thrilled about that remake. I like Reel Deal guys and would love to support their work by buying a blu-ray I would also love to own in my collection.

Also, first German action comedy is something of interest to me, another English language remake of a foreign movie - not nearly so. 

I really, really do hope both Plan B and Luc van Tien will get a much needed blu-ray release one day. 

• Like 3

Did this every get a Blu-Ray release? Probably not. Anyhow I FINALLY watched this!

Did you ever imagine how a movie would look if a bunch of friends with mad martial arts skills and a clear obsession for (action) pop culture got together and made this (wet) dream come true?

Well, wonder no more because 'Plan B...' (I'm lazy today) is basically your answer to that question.

It's also an interesting piece of testimony on how action has evolved since. Remember when there was a time when you were in awe what these on screen fighters could do without wire work? All those "flowery" moves, punches flying by as quick as bullets, loads of acrobatics and so on.

Shit almost made me a bit nostalgic to be honest. Because A LOT of this is basically MIA (pun intended) in modern martial arts cinema nowadays. Instead we get pretty basic while admittedly more realistic movements paired with extreme violence.

It's weird how easily accustomed one can become and almost forgetting on what once was considered "the top of the mountain" when it comes to on screen fights.

Anyhow, this movie while clearly on a budget is a whole lot of FUN! Probably best enjoyed with a couple of bros or in @PandaPawPaw's case hoes... Wait what!?

I couldn't help but think that this movie just came out at the wrong time somehow. One can only imagine if it would've hit one of the big streamers during its initial release it could've been a big hit with audiences worldwide. As it stands, it'll remain an unknown gem probably only fans of the genre are willing to seek out. Which is a god damn shame!

At least it's a testament for the talent of these guys! Take a look at their current IMDB page. They've been doubling for Keanu Reeves and Donnie Yen and that's saying something!

• Like 2

Follow up...

Looks like the movie is only available on YouTube and iTunes for purchase. Also the only physical release is a swedish DVD :yociexp81:

Hey Well Go how about putting this on Hi-YAH!

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Anyhow, this movie while clearly on a budget is a whole lot of FUN! Probably best enjoyed with a couple of bros or in @PandaPawPaw's case hoes... Wait what!?

Hey hey hey! I'm not into hoes! I prefer intelligent independent girls who have their own mind and don't succumb to the man's every wish while also liking -

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952zgddyvipoedoe3gvf9

There's a difference! :P

• Haha 1

DrNgor

I have the Brazilian DVD, although it doesn't have English subs.

Super Ninja
12 hours ago, laagi said:

Did this every get a Blu-Ray release? Probably not. Anyhow I FINALLY watched this!

Did you ever imagine how a movie would look if a bunch of friends with mad martial arts skills and a clear obsession for (action) pop culture got together and made this (wet) dream come true?

Well, wonder no more because 'Plan B...' (I'm lazy today) is basically your answer to that question.

It's also an interesting piece of testimony on how action has evolved since. Remember when there was a time when you were in awe what these on screen fighters could do without wire work? All those "flowery" moves, punches flying by as quick as bullets, loads of acrobatics and so on.

Shit almost made me a bit nostalgic to be honest. Because A LOT of this is basically MIA (pun intended) in modern martial arts cinema nowadays. Instead we get pretty basic while admittedly more realistic movements paired with extreme violence.

It's weird how easily accustomed one can become and almost forgetting on what once was considered "the top of the mountain" when it comes to on screen fights.

I couldn't help but think that this movie just came out at the wrong time somehow. One can only imagine if it would've hit one of the big streamers during its initial release it could've been a big hit with audiences worldwide. As it stands, it'll remain an unknown gem probably only fans of the genre are willing to seek out. Which is a god damn shame!

At least it's a testament for the talent of these guys! Take a look at their current IMDB page. They've been doubling for Keanu Reeves and Donnie Yen and that's saying something!

Yeah, eight years later and Plan B still doesn't have a much needed English friendly Blu-ray release. Can, Phong and Cha are in the big league now, doubling and doing stunts on major Hollywood projects. Best of luck to these guys with their careers, but I'd prefer them making their own martial arts films in Germany. 

If you liked RD in action, you might wanna check On The Ropes (2018). James Mark of Team 2X and the director of Kill Order teams up with the Reel Deal guys. 

3 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Yeah, eight years later and Plan B still doesn't have a much needed English friendly Blu-ray release. Can, Phong and Cha are in the big league now, doubling and doing stunts on major Hollywood projects. Best of luck to these guys with their careers, but I'd prefer them making their own martial arts films in Germany. 

If you liked RD in action, you might wanna check On The Ropes (2018). James Mark of Team 2X and the director of Kill Order teams up with the Reel Deal guys. 

I just remembered another german movie or at least I think I did which I watched a trailer for ages ago!

I first thought it's this one but it's not and maybe you can help me out. It's about this turkish? guy who really wants to be a stunt man or on screen fighter and I'm pretty sure his idol is Bruce Lee. There's one line that got stuck in my head "I'm like [name] only with heart". Does this ring a bell?

I'm pretty sure it was low budget... Maybe even from the same crew? Help appreciated.

11 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I have the Brazilian DVD, although it doesn't have English subs.

Are these "legal" releases? Just curious as I see A LOT of obscure martial arts movies on physical media from Brazil.

3 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

you might wanna check On The Ropes (2018)

Did you watch this? I'm actually thinking of checking it out but the reviews are less than flattering.

DrNgor
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Are these "legal" releases? Just curious as I see A LOT of obscure martial arts movies on physical media from Brazil.

Yes, this was an official release. It's strange what gets released and not released. For example, Donnie Yen films stopped getting released on DVD here after Special ID, despite the local popularity of the Ip Man films, but if you want Plan B or Fight Valley...

Edited by DrNgor

2 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Yes, this was an official release. It's strange what gets released and not released. For example, Donnie Yen films stopped getting released on DVD here after Special ID, despite the local popularity of the Ip Man films, but if you want Plan B or Fight Valley...

Yeah that's super weird especially from a business point of view. However I'm pretty sure it's because of the (increasing) expenses for distribution rights. BTW, are the DVD's usually with original language or dubbed? I read conflicting statements regarding this.