Ultimate Justice (2016) Mark Dacascos/Matthias Hues/Mike Moeller

DragonClaws

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
On 8/17/2017 at 7:59 AM, Mike Leeder said:

Breach is still on track, action choreographer Sonny Sisson is currently working on BUY BUST and then they are supposed to start prepping BREACH

Can't say enough good things about Mark, really goes above and beyond, great attitude and skill set, speaks very good German which made him a favourite with the crew.... still exceptional skills, he, Matthias and Mike Moeller really were a pleasure to work with

All good to hear.

Wow, this is FINALLY out? It seemed to take forever. I'll be picking it up soon.

On 9/30/2017 at 10:00 AM, AlbertV said:

Okay guys...I got to see the film ahead of its upcoming release thanks to producer Ruediger W. Kuemmerle, who offered me to see it via screener for review. He gave me permission to post my review after I showed him a hard copy of it and he said it was well-written and I have to say...I love this film!

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2017/09/30/review-ultimate-justice-2017/

The producer got to approve the review before you posted it? :wondering Say what? Um... so much for your impartial opinion as a reviewer. :lipssealed And how did you show him a "hard copy" of it- doesn't he live in Germany? And he said it was "well-written"? Dude, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the very first sentence of your review has two mistakes in it, and just from skimming the rest (didn't read the entire thing as I don't want the story ruined for me before I watch it)- Matthias Hues wasn't in NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER, he was in the sequel. You should definitely proofread your stuff before you post it and tell producers with ridiculous demands like that to go scratch. Come on, man. Your integrity is worth more than having a review up a few days before everyone else.

18 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Yet to read a really negative review of this, the movies out on DVD in the U.S already.

Link- https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Justice-Mark-Dacascos/dp/B074JS3LQH

No U.K release date as of yet.

kertenkele-nin-ates-i-yazmeen-baker-kimd

Ultimate Justice cast member Yazmeen Baker.

Shit, no Blu-ray? What a crap trend it is when these companies do DVD only releases in this day and age.

11 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Your integrity is worth more than having a review up a few days before everyone else.

I did fix the error where I did think NRNS 2 but ended up forgetting the 2...my only concern was posting the review a few days before release or wait til today...I didn't want to hear any "piracy" accusations if I had posted it earlier. I had to make things clear as to when would be a good time to post but I had talked to Ruediger and I only showed him a hard copy so he can check it out before I posted it. It wasn't a producer-approved review per se, it was just that he got a first look and even helped me out with a credit I was missing in the credits listing. He just commended me on how it was written but yeah I'll keep that in mind :)

I do recommend the film and everyone should get it.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

I did fix the error where I did think NRNS 2 but ended up forgetting the 2...my only concern was posting the review a few days before release or wait til today...I didn't want to hear any "piracy" accusations if I had posted it earlier. I had to make things clear as to when would be a good time to post but I had talked to Ruediger and I only showed him a hard copy so he can check it out before I posted it. It wasn't a producer-approved review per se, it was just that he got a first look and even helped me out with a credit I was missing in the credits listing. He just commended me on how it was written but yeah I'll keep that in mind :)

I do recommend the film and everyone should get it.

I never said there was anything wrong with you mentioning that you saw it via a screener.

15 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I never said there was anything wrong with you mentioning that you saw it via a screener.

Don't worry...as the saying goes "no hard feelings" :) Thanks for helping me with the errors. Means a lot (sometimes with my ASD I think what I want to say but when I write it down it sometimes isn't complete. Had gone through that since I was a kid.)

ShaOW!linDude

@One Armed Boxer's COF review is spot on. This is a fun action film, and once it starts, it doesn't let up. Dacascos gets to show a few chops, and I definitely wished for more out of him, but Mike Moller is awesome. Probably 80% of his scenes are fighting, and it's all good. I liked all the characters, and it would have been nice just to get even a couple of minutes backstory on each of them. And it does have a nice twist at the end of what is typically an  action movie plot line. Worth my money, and I'll be watching it again. 

Please support this, folks. We need more stuff like this.

Recently tried to find this movie on Amazon.co.uk, I'm aware that there's no British release date yet. Normallly I can order an import titles through their website, but I was unable to find this tite or the Scott Adkins movie Savage Dog. Anyone have any recommendations, for a place to get a hold of these titles on a physical format?.

kingofkungfu2002
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Recently tried to find this movie on Amazon.co.uk, I'm aware that there's no British release date yet. Normallly I can order an import titles through their website, but I was unable to find this tite or the Scott Adkins movie Savage Dog. Anyone have any recommendations, for a place to get a hold of these titles on a physical format?.

I use WowHD.

http://www.wowhd.co.uk/ultimate-justice/043396516946

The movie was just released in Germany and so I bought the blu-ray and watched it. Well, I didn't enjoy it very much. It is another super cheap action movie that takes itself way too seriously and delivers only mediocre action that doesn't justify the atrocious rest of the movie. There are some cool fight scenes, all of them include Mike Moeller, but for every minute of Moeller mayhem there are ten minutes of lame car chases, motorbike chases, shootouts without any visible hits, heavily edited brawls and ridiculously fake explosions. Your average Scott Adkins movie feels like big budget extravaganza compared to that.

can't please everyone!  Thanks for buying the bluray

But unless the German release got some George Lucas inspired CGI makeover, not sure what fake explosions you are talking about?

B024_C017_11045G.0007889.jpg

4 hours ago, kami said:

The movie was just released in Germany and so I bought the blu-ray and watched it. Well, I didn't enjoy it very much. It is another super cheap action movie who takes itself way too seriously and delivers only mediocre action that doesn't justify the atrocious rest of the movie. There are some cool fight scenes, all of them include Mike Moeller, but for every minute of Moeller mayhem there are ten minutes of lame car chases, motorbike chases, shootouts without any visible hits, heavily edited brawling and ridiculously fake explosions. Your average Scott Adkins movie feels like big budget extravaganza compared to that.

Hmm...  can't help it, but that is exactly what I expected this movie to be.

On 10/3/2017 at 10:11 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

The producer got to approve the review before you posted it? :wondering Say what? Um... so much for your impartial opinion as a reviewer. :lipssealed And how did you show him a "hard copy" of it- doesn't he live in Germany? And he said it was "well-written"? Dude, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the very first sentence of your review has two mistakes in it, and just from skimming the rest (didn't read the entire thing as I don't want the story ruined for me before I watch it)- Matthias Hues wasn't in NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER, he was in the sequel. You should definitely proofread your stuff before you post it and tell producers with ridiculous demands like that to go scratch. Come on, man. Your integrity is worth more than having a review up a few days before everyone else.

Producers asking to approve reviews before posting 'em, what is this world coming to ? Producers or production companies approve promo texts or hype blurbs, not reviews. Thanks for not letting this BS pass without comment, Bob !

unfortunately i left the project during ost, some 'creative issues' shall we say and yes the other producer asking people to let him approve their reviews etc is not the way to handle things....

We made a good B-movie, finished version isn't perfect and not the movie we set out to make. But great memories from shooting with some great people...and yes Mike Moeller should be a much bigger star and hoping to showcase him in a few other projects

I enjoyed the movie.  Lot of talent in there. Yall definitely seem to be friends who had some genuine chemistry. It'd be frustrating to have my work taken out of my hands and changed with no say in it. Hopefully we see more work soon Big Mike! 

Thanks, the majority of friendships in the movie were real, a lot of us go back a long way, yeah the post process was a tad disappointing but such if life.....  yes Mke M needs to be kicking ass and taking names again very soon

Archived