SEVEN LITTLE FORTUNES QUIZ.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

We all know who the Seven Little Fortunes are.

Image result for seven little fortune

Who would have been considered the 'EIGHTH' little fortune had he stayed in the opera training troupe?

The individual had a stellar career as well. 

Who is this kung fu superstar?

GD Y-Y

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The answer is:

Cliff Lok

Cliff's dad could not stand the methods of the teacher whose seemed to be to cruel in his training methods.

His dad the put Cliff under a Master who taught the child the very rare Chinese internal style of:

LIU HO BA FA

http://www.liuhopafa.com/

GD Y-Y

20130802_fundeck_2L.jpg

kung-fu-genius-cliff-lok-dvd-english-1979-458a.jpg

There were more 'Little Fortunes' than the core seven we all know, since the troupe rotated now and then.

Yuen Ting/Yuen Choi (Ng Ming Choi), Yuen Man/Meng Yuen Man, Yuen Bun (To Chau Kwan), Yuen Fai/Wan Yuen Fai, Yuen Chu (not Sammo), Yuen Jun/Ng Yuen Jun, Yuen Bo, Yuen Tai. Any of these people would be closer to being the theoretical '8th Little Fortune' than Cliff Lok, even if some of them are less well known.

18 hours ago, GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG said:

Cliff Lok

Cliff's dad could not stand the methods of the teacher whose seemed to be to cruel in his training methods.

His dad the put Cliff under a Master who taught the child the very rare Chinese internal style of:

Thanks for posting this GD-YY, I never knew about Cliff Lok being pulled out of Opera School by his dad.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
On 2/16/2017 at 11:38 PM, Asmo said:

There were more 'Little Fortunes' than the core seven we all know, since the troupe rotated now and then.

Yuen Ting/Yuen Choi (Ng Ming Choi), Yuen Man/Meng Yuen Man, Yuen Bun (To Chau Kwan), Yuen Fai/Wan Yuen Fai, Yuen Chu (not Sammo), Yuen Jun/Ng Yuen Jun, Yuen Bo, Yuen Tai. Any of these people would be closer to being the theoretical '8th Little Fortune' than Cliff Lok, even if some of them are less well known.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:24 AM, DragonClaws said:

Thanks for posting this GD-YY, I never knew about Cliff Lok being pulled out of Opera School by his dad.

Little do I know. Thanks Albert V. How many of those had a career like Cliff's?

Your welcome DragonClaws.

GD Y-Y

10 hours ago, GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG said:

Little do I know. Thanks Albert V. How many of those had a career like Cliff's?

Your welcome DragonClaws.

GD Y-Y

Ng Ming Choi had a decent career, though he was by no means an action star. Yuen Bun is an action director to this day, Meng Yuen Man could have gone on to great things had he not gotten injured.

I understand where you're coming from there, GD Y-Y, but my post was more in the sense that these people are additionally known for being Peking Opera School members/junior/senior classmates of Sammo, Jackie etc whereas Cliff Lok is known for being Cliff Lok. If you get what I mean.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
On 2/18/2017 at 10:12 PM, Asmo said:

Ng Ming Choi had a decent career, though he was by no means an action star. Yuen Bun is an action director to this day, Meng Yuen Man could have gone on to great things had he not gotten injured.

I understand where you're coming from there, GD Y-Y, but my post was more in the sense that these people are additionally known for being Peking Opera School members/junior/senior classmates of Sammo, Jackie etc whereas Cliff Lok is known for being Cliff Lok. If you get what I mean.

Yes sir I understand.

BTW I found out the Cliff Lok and  Liu Ho Ba Fa Master Choi from Chicago both studied under Grand-master Chan.  

Master Chan:

Image result for li ho ba fa master chan

Master Choi:
db87a0_ed353f8ac17d497eba7ab9a25f19a9ee~mv2.webp

http://www.h2oboxing.com/lineage

GD Y-Y

On 2/18/2017 at 11:12 PM, Asmo said:

Ng Ming-Choi appeared as Uncle Hua in Sammo Hung's The Bodyguard

TheBodyguard+2016-66-b.jpg

He found more success as a producer/presenter, including Yuen Biao's Filipino films, Tough Beauty and the Sloppy Slop and The Hunted Hunter. That is fascinating about Cliff Lok though.

13 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Ng Ming-Choi appeared as Uncle Hua in Sammo Hung's The Bodyguard

TheBodyguard+2016-66-b.jpg

He found more success as a producer/presenter, including Yuen Biao's Filipino films, Tough Beauty and the Sloppy Slop and The Hunted Hunter. That is fascinating about Cliff Lok though.

Definitely. I feel that in his own way, he's had a similar role to that of Sammo (if on a smaller scale). Kind of fitting as he was the big brother at the Opera School, preceding Sammo.

Archived