CASSHERN

Guest sweetsamurai

Guest sweetsamurai

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before; but i just had to say, I was blown away by this film!!!

The imagery was beautiful, the actors were amazing, and the storyline/meaning/message about War was breathtaking!! Im in love with this film, if that is at all possible!!!

I don't think you can say its a Martial art film as the action sequences were more like anime styled scenes, but you can forgive it so easliy, seeing as all the way through you are amazed and dazzled by its imagery and direction. I was in tears all the way through!!

:D One of the best films ever made!!! Hollywood, you could only wish to make a movie as good as this! :D I only hope they don't make a silly re-make of the film.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

We did have this topic quite a while ago, but here's me 2 cents... I thought the anime style action in the film was very unique and entertaining, I loved it (action). Unfortunately it is a very plodding film and seemed to go on and on. The imagery was very cool and unique, but it almost looked too artificial. You can tell the director did music videos. The story was basically a 2 hour "anti-war" sermon, very tedious. Kinda the way I felt while watching Battle Royale 2. But it felt like the director was trying to get his message acrossed by continuosly beating us over the head with it. I got the message the first 10 times!! Overall a very cool film filled with lots of visual eye candy. Alot less preaching, and a little more action woulda made this one a classic.

5/5 for style

2.5/5 story (potential for 5 if director woulda handled it better)

Guest rockandrolltroy

The movie was indeed beautiful and was expertly shot. Stunning use of imagery and color. Probably one of the most anime looking live action out there, period. I was into it for the most part. After about ending No. 8 though, I kind of started to drift off and hope that the end would indeed be soon. After about Ending No. 15, I was glad that it was over.

Guest limubai2000

The first 20 minutes were excellent even though they totally didn't even try to justify the thing that comes out of the sky and strikes the pool creating the neo-sapiens or even explain it with a casual mention, I can live with that cuz the story was great up to that point and I can invent my own meaning to that event.

After that it went quickly downhill and entered mega-suckitude. The action was good enough for the most part but it couldn't rescue the film.

I never seen this movie but I have read mixed reviews about it, but since its an old topic I thought I'd bring it back up front, how many of you have seen it, and enjoyed it?

It's a good movie. Personally I think Goemon is a better movie overall, but this one is still good.

Also, I may be in the minority, but I like the U.S. verison better. It cuts a lot of things that really weren't needed. (pyscho in the train) and rearranges things to make the story flow better.

Still, a movie you should check out.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Sorry if this topic has been brought up before; but i just had to say, I was blown away by this film!!!

The imagery was beautiful, the actors were amazing, and the storyline/meaning/message about War was breathtaking!! Im in love with this film, if that is at all possible!!!

I don't think you can say its a Martial art film as the action sequences were more like anime styled scenes, but you can forgive it so easliy, seeing as all the way through you are amazed and dazzled by its imagery and direction. I was in tears all the way through!!

:D One of the best films ever made!!! Hollywood, you could only wish to make a movie as good as this! :D I only hope they don't make a silly re-make of the film.

Found this at my local library.

Looking forward to this.

GD Y-Y

I don't remember a great deal about this movie, picking up the region 3 I guess roughly around when it came out. I think to say I didn't like this movie was an understatement. I doubt I would ever try watching it again.

I borrowed the movie dvd from a friend. It wasn't the U.S. version because it lasted at least 15 minutes longer, kept going and going. What was frustrating to me was that there were visual references to the original anime tv series, but the movie veered away from that story line, actually sort of turned it upside-down. Having sat through it once, I would not watch this movie again, unlike the Goemon movie. At least there's the original Casshan tv series to look forward to next month.

Archived