Halloween (2018)/Halloween Kills (2021)/Halloween Ends (2022) - Jamie Lee Curtis

AlbertV

Considering the somewhat disappointing sequel, this one has bigger shoes to fill in. Here's hoping that it's at least on par with the 2018 movie in terms of everything.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
36 minutes ago, DiP said:

Considering the somewhat disappointing sequel, this one has bigger shoes to fill in. Here's hoping that it's at least on par with the 2018 movie in terms of everything.

I'm hoping they learned from their mistakes. I actually like Halloween Kills but I understand why so many don't. I like that this trailer doesn't give away an awful lot. It just hypes up the idea of Michael and Laurie having one last showdown.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

It just hypes up the idea of Michael and Laurie having one last showdown.

The question is...will that last showdown involve martial arts a lá Busta Rhymes in H:R?

(ducks to avoid machetes hurled by angry fanboys) 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
19 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

The question is...will that last showdown involve martial arts a lá Busta Rhymes in H:R?

(ducks to avoid machetes hurled by angry fanboys) 

Laurie’s actually a dragon fist master. Michael will take off the mask and reveal his long white hair and mustache a la Pai Mei.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Laurie’s actually a dragon fist master. Michael will take off the mask and reveal his long white hair and mustache a la Pai Mei.

I'll only buy it if Laurie jumps in the air to perform a flying side kick and the camera stops to revolve 360º around her before she kicks Michael.

• Like 1

Apparently, H-E is set 4 years after H-K...did anyone notice Laurie wearing a wedding ring? One can guess she married Frank Hawkins or Ben Tramer. 

• Like 2

Finally saw Halloween(2018) and I think it was kind of bleh. It started off okay, with the two reporters(?) going to see Michael in the Asylum. But after that, it kind of went down hill from there. I hated every single new character, except for the two reporters 

Spoiler

Who then end up getting killed in a bathroom

.and the new doctor

Spoiler

Who ends up EVIL!

and the take they took on returning character (Laurie Strode acts like a maniac in this movie. I think the H2O version was better, even if that movie was also kind of bleh). Michael also felt wrong, just killing people for no reason. I know that he did that in Halloween and Halloween 2 also, but there it felt like he had reason for doing it, even if we didn't understand it. Here it just feels like like killing for the hell of it, which I found boring. Not much else to say about it, I think that Halloween 2 was a more fitting ending to the Michael Myers story and I prefer Laurie being his sister. So I will give it a 2/5. It didn't make me hate it, but I don't really have any desire to watch the other two films.

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one's talked about Halloween Ends yet since it seems to be such a divisive movie. I'll admit, I'm one of the people that liked it. Yes, it's different. VERY different. But I liked where they took it. It's appropriate for where Halloween Kills left off. I understand how some people are upset with the film. It feels a lot less Halloweeny than the others. But I think it feels fresh and different. Actually, I wanted it to be a little longer since it felt rushed.

The kills aren't ask good as the previous ones but there are at least two super brutal ones and I'm content with that. And even though the end is a little overly dramatic, I think it works really well. All in all, a good time.

• Like 1

The 2018 movie is near perfect, and the best sequel to the 1978 original. I need to watch Kills again before getting my hands on Ends. So much differing opinions regarding the last two, but at least it's a relief that some people actually enjoy them for what they set out to be.

• Like 1

I hated Halloween Ends. Didn't like at all the plotline nor the new characters. Nothing really happening for the first hour. Killing scenes are average at best, except maybe for one or two.

Spoiler

SPOILER ALERT: A Michael Myers copycat/fan through most of the film?? Really? That's how you end this saga??? Michael survived an explosion and fire in Halloween Kills, but gets beat-up and killed pretty easily by a grandma & her grand daughter? Give me a break....

Worst film of the series. Glad I saw it for free.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm surprised no one's talked about Halloween Ends yet since it seems to be such a divisive movie. I'll admit, I'm one of the people that liked it. Yes, it's different. VERY different. But I liked where they took it. It's appropriate for where Halloween Kills left off. I understand how some people are upset with the film. It feels a lot less Halloweeny than the others. But I think it feels fresh and different. Actually, I wanted it to be a little longer since it felt rushed.

The kills aren't ask good as the previous ones but there are at least two super brutal ones and I'm content with that. And even though the end is a little overly dramatic, I think it works really well. All in all, a good time.

One of the main things I disliked was the fact that they whipped off Christine so blatantly

IT SUCKED! Stupid ass love story BS. Myers was made to looks like a chump. No epic final showdown or anything.

I watched H-Kills again yesterday and it's the best of the three. I loved that ending where MM goes ham on everyone.

I was expecting MM to be on full beast mode but we got an OAP who gets his mask stolen and a girl who is horny for the local weirdo............

ARGH! I hate this movie.

• Like 2

I'm not entirely sure what to think of it. It's as if I liked almost everything about it but just couldn't fully enjoy it.

It is a far better movie than Halloween Kills, that's for sure. Viewers expecting a typical Halloween sequel, as well as those watching Ends for the kills and Mike himself, will be left disappointed.

There's something about Ends that makes it seem strange and forced, like those 110 minutes weren't enough to push all the ideas and make them feel natural; Corey transforming from a town's psycho nerd into a homme fatale being one of those. While fresh and bold for a Halloween sequel, the modern twist it adds is not something I'm not sure I can approve.

Spoiler

I do give it extra points for including The Cramps on the soundtrack, especially for the tongue cutting kill.

Other than that, it's well made and delivers the atmosphere, but for whatever reason, I just couldn't enjoy all that the way I felt I was supposed to. Perhaps that's why the finale must have felt more epic on paper than it really was in the movie. Now that the trilogy is over I must say I got used to having a new Halloween movie out every Halloween, and if this good, I wouldn't mind continuing the tradition.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 5:10 PM, DiP said:

The 2018 movie is near perfect, and the best sequel to the 1978 original. I need to watch Kills again before getting my hands on Ends. So much differing opinions regarding the last two, but at least it's a relief that some people actually enjoy them for what they set out to be.

Rewatched Kills last week, and finally sat down going through Ends. Let's just say that things ended up so disjointed and intricate due to the makers trying new angles on an everlasting serial killer story set on halloween. The second movie made it clear that Myers was "impossible to kill", while this movie shows that Myers is actually just human, and that there are people who can become just like him transcending evil from people to people in different shapes.

All in all, they should've just ended the franchise with the 2018 movie.

Edited by DiP

Before Ends had difficult time when thought which is worst Halloween movie, Rob Zombie ones or Resurrection. But now it`s obvious which one picks title. Ends is garbage. Michael has very small role in which so far appears to be last H flick. 1st hour is most boring Halloween stuff ever seen and it improves just marginally at times.

• Like 1