Chuck Sullivan Talks About Bruce Lee

DragonClaws

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

did ed parker get along with bruce? as in more than professional terms?

I've never read anything to suggest they didn't get along, even outside of business dealings. Guess Parker, like a lot of Martial Artists of the time, would have been intrigued by Lee's views on Martial Arts.

sifu iron perm
On 10/02/2017 at 11:58 AM, DragonClaws said:

I've never read anything to suggest they didn't get along, even outside of business dealings. Guess Parker, like a lot of Martial Artists of the time, would have been intrigued by Lee's views on Martial Arts.

i hear you man, maybe thoughts were clouded from that bruce lee memoirs (faux) by Linda's ex hubby..Bruce Thomas?It mentioned how Parker and Lee had some rivalry and bruce used to talk smack behind so called backs etc..

On 11/02/2017 at 1:50 PM, sifu iron perm said:

i hear you man, maybe thoughts were clouded from that bruce lee memoirs (faux) by Linda's ex hubby..Bruce Thomas?It mentioned how Parker and Lee had some rivalry and bruce used to talk smack behind so called backs etc..

I have never read that book, Ed Parker helped Lee gets some exposure and gave him some work at the same time. Maybe Lee did dislike his books, he may have even said that to Parkers face?. Never heard anyone connected to that era discussing the subject.

Bruce "stole" many of Parker's students like Dan Inosanto, Dan Lee, Richard Bustillo, Jerry Poteet, I think Larry Hartsell and Steve Golden?

No wonder Parker was pissed off!

Phantom Dreamer
On 2/11/2017 at 4:50 AM, sifu iron perm said:

Tom Bleecker was married to Linda Lee and wrote the controversial Unsettled Matters. Bruce Thomas wrote Fighting Spirit and Fighting Words. Before that, he played bass for Elvis Costello and the Attractions.

Archived