Richard Norton

DragonClaws

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

I'm surprised that he wasn't cast in First Strike.

He was cast in Mr Nice Guy, made around the same time as First Strike.

• Like 1

J.J. Hayden

Came across this pic of the great Aussie drongo during my research. Here he's pictured with Korean martial arts star Lee Joo-cheol.

Lee Joo-cheol - 13 with Richard Norton.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 4:46 AM, DragonClaws said:

Cyntha Rothrock & Richard Norton, pose for some China O'Brien(1990) promotional pictures?.

8949fbb1244b3b28e14eb1a64a1d1fa2.jpg

I think this was actually for Rage and Honor as in the China O'Brien films, Norton sported the 5 o'clock shadow.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
15 hours ago, J.J. Hayden said:

Came across this pic of the great Aussie drongo during my research. Here he's pictured with Korean martial arts star Lee Joo-cheol.

Hi @J.J. Hayden, thanks for sharing that picture here.

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I think this was actually for Rage and Honor as in the China O'Brien films, Norton sported the 5 o'clock shadow.

Thanks @AlbertV.

Do you know anything about Richard Nortons up-coming movie Final Objective, with Kurt McKinney (No Retreat No Surrender)?.

• Like 2

Nice interview with Richard Norton on PoF talking about working on Magic Crystal, his opinion on Andy Lau, working in HK with Sammo, Jackie, Cynthia Rothrock, Mang Hoi, Tony Ching Siu-tong and Wong Jing, I always enjoyed Richard's interviews. Seems quite a personable guy who isn't full on himself and realizes how fortunate he was to work in HK action films during those early years.

The thing that always sticks with me is Richard says he got work because he didn't arrive on set as the haughty Westerner telling the HK action people how to shoot the scenes and complaining and acting entitled. He did whatever they told him to do to the best of his ability and put up with the harsh working conditions and numerous takes and didn't act like a pompous ass on the set.

https://podcastonfire.com/2023/01/podcast-on-fire-329-magic-crystal-with-special-guest-richard-norton/

• Like 3