Game of death rehearsal footage

sym8

Question with regards to the rehearsal footage that can be seen on YouTube which is in black and white and shows Bruce practicing kicks and various othe stuff with Kareem and James tien it has subtitles along the bottom(not sure what language they are in though)I have been told that this footage is also in colour and better condition but is no longer available,has anybody seen this or is it just talk:smile

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sym8 said:

I have been told that this footage is also in colour and better condition but is no longer available,has anybody seen this or is it just talk

I haven't personally viewed the footage, but I believe there will be a much better quality version somewhere.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2017 at 1:42 PM, DragonClaws said:

I haven't personally viewed the footage, but I believe there will be a much better quality version somewhere.

Memory can sometimes play tricks on you(especially when your 50 something)but I swear I’ve seen this on YouTube under the title Bruce lee rare footage 13 before it got taken down,wish I had clipgrab back then😞

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Is it this footage?

That’s the footage but what I saw (or think I saw)was colour.From what I have read in the past Robert Lee owns the original colour footage.👍

• Like 3

19 hours ago, sym8 said:

hat’s the footage but what I saw (or think I saw)was colour

The alternative black & white footage has been circulating online since the early noughties. If any colour footage had been posted on YouTube, I'm sure more fans would have shared it?.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The alternative black & white footage has been circulating online since the early noughties. If any colour footage had been posted on YouTube, I'm sure more fans would have shared it?.

I know,that’s what I keep thinking. Maybe I’m just seeing something that wasn’t there(I’m getting to old for this shit)😀😀

• Like 3

19 hours ago, alexandergrady said:

One can hear Bruce's voice in the background. Seems to be a Game of Death rehearsal for the outdoor footage.

Hi @alexandergrady, thats what it is, it was filmed the day Dan Inosanto arrived in Hong Kong for Game of Death. It was recorded at Bruce Lee 's Cumberland Road home, I think he was filming from the balcony?. The other guy with Dan is Wu Ngan.

• Like 3

alexandergrady
51 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Hi @alexandergrady, thats what it is, it was filmed the day Dan Inosanto arrived in Hong Kong for Game of Death. It was recorded at Bruce Lee 's Cumberland Road home, I think he was filming from the balcony?. The other guy with Dan is Wu Ngan.

Yeah, he must have been filming from the balcony. It also has the same perspective as the Game of Death outdoor footage with Dan in the New Territories. I wonder who got hold of this footage and posted it...I don't believe it's in any of the documentaries.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, alexandergrady said:

It also has the same perspective as the Game of Death outdoor footage with Dan in the New Territories

It might be rehearsals for the outdoor scenes that were filmed in the New Territories?.

8 hours ago, alexandergrady said:

I wonder who got hold of this footage and posted it...I don't believe it's in any of the documentaries.

I don't know who shared it online?, but I think it was Robert Lee who originally owned the footage?. Collector David Tadman is said to have a pristine copy of this footage also. It's not featured in any Bruce Lee documentary.

• Like 4

On 11/4/2020 at 10:48 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

I thought it was a secret recording of a private showing? Does anyone know what the Japanese text says?

Roughly:

'This video is a rehearsal from the/(Bruce Lee's) last work, Game of Death. Bruce Lee reshot takes until he was satisfied.' 

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1